~Forgive me~

Davina

"D!?"

Fuck. Xavier and I both look at each other in shock not wanting to look to our side. As much as I didn't want to look I had to. I slowly turn my head towards the front door to see Emma and Jackson standing there in utter shock. I laugh nervously unwrapping my arms from Xavier. "Um..." Jackson speaks making me look at him. "So we just saw that..." He says looking down in embarrassment. I honestly didn't know what to say. I had just been caught. Xavier and I both agreed that no one should know about our relationship immediately, only for the fact that they would try to rush us. In order for that, I had no choice but to tell Emma I was no longer interested in Xavier somehow. She believed it. Well... until now.

"What a... lovely greeting as I walked through the door..." Emma says looking down in disappointment. Shit. She was upset I had lied to her. What a total jerk move Davina. Don't tell your Bestfriends that not only did you kiss Xavier but you are now in a relationship with him. I messed up. I understand that now. So here you stand in front of them both with only the little hope you have left that they can understand. The thing is... It might not be that easy to forgive someone for a secret like this.

"I um..." I clear my throat pulling a strand of hair behind my ear. Both Emma and Jackson are now looking at me waiting for me to say something. God this is such an awkward situation. I feel like crawling back into my shell and staying there forever. In isolation, where only the judgment is from myself and no one else. Seems to me that my shell is gone. I try turning to find it and it's simply...gone. Nowhere to run I must now speak the truth and only the truth.

Taking a deep breath I look at them. "I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to see when walking into my home," I start. "least you could've done is knocked," I say giving a nervous laugh to try and break the tension. Xavier noticed must've noticed my attempt failing from the emotionless looks on Emma and Jackson's faces, so he looked down and shook his head crossing his arms. "I'm sorry," I speak up. Jackson gives me a soft smile and mouths "It's ok." It might've not been out loud but it was clear to me that he was alright. Emma on the other hand was messing with a string on her shirt looking away. I turn to Xavier who was already looking at me. I knew what was wrong and I'm not going to let it slide. Even if I was the one attempting to hide something.

"Can you take Jackson out somewhere?" I say whispering in Xavier's ear. He just looks at me in confusion. "I need to speak to Emma alone, and I don't think taking either of them into my room is a good idea..." He looks at me in realization and nods. I knew we were both at fault, but given the fact that Emma is my best friend I have a feeling she'd rather have to listen to me than to Xavier. Especially since I was the one who told her I had no interest in him. That might've given her a thought that he had done something again.

Xavier leads Jackson out of the house and shuts the door behind him, leaving me and Emma standing in silence. I was about to speak but was soon cut off. "Why didn't you tell me?" She said looking at the floor still. I hurt me that she wasn't looking at me. I guess I deserve that. "I just didn't want you to pry and rush us..." I say looking at her. "I would never do that." She says looking up. I have no idea why but that pissed me off. "Yes, you would. You've done it before. What's to say you wouldn't do it again?" She just stares at me. She takes a deep breath and crosses her arms. "That's because you dated boys I didn't even know or like." Hold up. What the fuck. "Excuse me? Since when is it necessary for you to like them in order for me to date them?" I say scoffing. "Never I'm just saying." She says looking back down once again. Whatever I'll let that slide.

"You know I didn't intend to never tell you. I was going to tell you-" I'm cut off once again. "When? in 3 months when all of a sudden you lose feeling again as you do with every boy you've dated?" I look at her in shock. She has never spoken to me with such judgment. Emma noticed and quickly changed her mood. "I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude." I just look at the floor. "I didn't tell you because I just wanted one thing to enjoy to myself for a while. I wanted to see if it was even going to work out. Can you blame me for wanting to get the green light before telling you?" She looks at me and sighs. "No. I cant." I nod in duh looking back at her. "Please just- just don't think I was trying to keep it a secret for the sake of not telling you at all. I did want to tell you. We both wanted to tell everyone." I say walking closer to her. I truly wanted to tell her. truth is... I felt like I was gonna ruin something between me and Xavier. so I didn't say anything in order to not get her hopes up. So I was kind of saving her from the disappointment.

"You know... I always thought you would be the one to get a secret boyfriend." She says laughing quietly still looking at the floor. I laughed back with her and laid my hand on her shoulder. "And I always thought you'd be the one to get us in a fight. But here I stand. In fault..." My voice quiets down and she quickly hugs me. "Its ok d. I understand. Im sorry I made you feel as if you had to hide it from me."
She pulls back and smiles at me. "I kinda should've known y'all weren't actually over each other after Sam and Theo caught y'all." We both laugh at the memory of embarrassment. I smile at her as she smiles back and exchange understandings.

I think we'll be ok....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE POST I GOT LAZY 🥲

Questions?-
Theories?-
What do you think about Emma knowing?-