~Mine.~

Chapter 40!!!!!

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

(Later that day at 9 pm)

*One day until birthday*

I step out of the bathroom, heading into my room. Well, technically our room.

Xavier lay on the bed, reading a book. A book? I've never seen him read a book out of school. Not that that's a bad thing. I myself love reading whenever I have the chance. Lately, there's been less of that.

"What are you reading?" I ask going to lay next to him. Hearing me, he closes the book and sets it on the bedside table. "One of the books my mom kept in her office. It's rather interesting." His arm goes over my body as I lay my head on his chest along with my hand.

"Interesting how?" I ask looking up at him. "For some reason, I find a sort of comfort reading fiction. It sends your mind into its own world. I don't know how to describe it." He responds while rubbing my back.

We lay in comfortable silence for a few minutes. Then something pops up in my head making me hold my body up with one forearm to look down at Xavier. "Thanks again, for bringing Emma and Jackson," I say to him. I had already thanked him but I felt the need to say it again.

"Anything for you." His words are followed by a strand of my hair being tucked behind my ear with his hand. As if it was a reflex, I lean into his hand. "I love you..." He whispers looking at me. My heart skips a beat and it takes me a moment to regain the ability to speak.

"I love you too." With that, I lay my head back on his chest and drift off to sleep. What are you doing to me, Xavier?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprisingly, seagulls are the cause of my waking up. I slightly open my eyes and look over my shoulder to see the sun beaming into the room. Did I forget to mention that we got the room facing the beach? I have Xavier to thank for that. He and Sam were bickering over the room. Eventually, Sam gave in and got the room directly above us.

The sun was beaming through the glass door walking out onto the beach. It really was a beautiful sight. I only wish Hayden was here to see it with me. He would have loved it...

Xavier was still sound asleep but I was thirsty. In order to not wake him up, I grab a pillow and slowly replace my body with it. I laugh quietly as he grips the pillow and continues sleeping. Mission success.

When I walk into the kitchen I see Emma making herself a coffee. She turns around when she hears me enter. "Oh hey, good morning." She says with a warm smile. While grabbing water from the fridge, I send her a smile back.

"Dude, the view is to dieeeee for." She comments making me laugh. "It really is," I reply, sitting down at the kitchen island. It's then that I notice Emma staring at me with her lips rolled into her mouth as if trying to not say something. What's her problem?