{1} Tragedy

Prologue

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

Sirens. All I hear are sirens. Why can't I feel my leg? "Davina!" Bright. "Davina can you hear me!?" So bright. "Stay with us, Davina! We are almost there!" Pain. " Davina Smith. Age 16." So much pain. "She suffered with hit on impact with the tree and has a broken leg."  A man says "Got it, sir"

"Where am I?" I say groaning as I allow myself to open my eyes. "Davina! You are finally awake! How are you feeling?" A woman dressed in a blue coat. I'm assuming she's a nurse. Stood in front of me at the edge of my...hospital bed? "What happened? Why am I here? Where's my brother?" I say in complete confusion as to why I lay here in this empty walled room with nothing but monitors, a couch, a door leading out, and A door leading into a bathroom.

 " Well, you see. you were involved in an accident along with your brother." My lips part as I breathe in shock and horror. " Is my brother ok!? Can I see him!?" I say trying to get out of the uncomfortable hospital bed. But when the woman speaks once again I stop in my tracks and look back at her. "I'm so sorry Davina.." The woman looked down at the floor clenching her clipboard. Please god no. Please don't say those words I am so very dread. 

" your brother, unfortunately, suffered a very bad blow to the head in the accident and he didn't make it." I suck in my trembling breath and stare at her. "I'm so sorry for your loss." I hated those words. Those words of sympathy. I had heard them to many times. Apparently not enough times. 

My brother. My dear brother. The last person I had left. The only person getting me through anything in life. And it was simply snatched from my grasp leaving me empty-handed, and alone in a hospital surrounded by no one but doctors. Why? Why god did you take the one thing I lived for? You should've taken me too. Was I not to your needs of a dead person? Or was this simply just for the fun of it? 

Either way... Fuck you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~