{43} -The Basics

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

When Xavier and I put our clothes on, he decided to give me a talk. Which by the way turned me off from round two. 

"So what you're saying, is that this training is somehow going to protect me from a fucking vampire?" I ask giving Xavier an unamused, and unconvinced stare. He sighs and shuts the gym door behind us. "What I'm saying is it's good to at least know a type of protection." 

We currently stood in the gym that I had no idea was in the house. I was wearing a sports bra and leggings. Xavier wore a black shirt and athletic shorts. Sadly, and obviously, he looked hot in it.

"Yes, because my punch will knock Henry out." I point out sarcastically. Xavier sighs once again shaking his head. "You don't get it. Whatever c'mon." Xavier walked towards an empty clear space in the gym. I followed after him, looking at my surroundings. 

"Ok, so we know that you have at least tried to throw a punch." My mind rewinds to the day I tried throwing my fist at Xavier and he ended up pushing me against the wall. "Hey, I could've if it wasn't for your fast-ass reflexes." I mean how do I compete with a vampire with speed?

He chuckles and nods his head in defeat. "Well then, we can just try to teach you the basics." He starts getting in ready to punch and he looks at me, signaling to copy. I do as he has and I put my left foot slightly forward, my left arm partly extended, and my right arm held close to my body.

Xavier gets out of his stance and looks at my stance as if studying me. "Box those shoulders. Don't want your opponent to think you're weak and bluffing." He suggests tapping my shoulders. And so I do exactly that. I stiffen my body and push my shoulder back. 

"Good. Now fix those feet. Spread a little further apart." I snort and under me breathe at the possible 'that's what she said joke. This causes Xavier to smirk and roll his eyes at me. "Focus Davina." Fine.....

"Ok," He steps back in front of me and goes back to his stance. "Now try to punch me right here." He points to his stomach and I'm about to protest before he speaks. "Remember I'm harder to hurt. Your punch won't hurt me so," He nods his head and gives me a tight smile. "Hit me." 

I quickly push out my right arm to punch. He grabs my fist and smiles at me wanting to laugh. "Don't make fun of me! that was my first try..." I fuss, going back to my starting position. I try again.

This time I go for an under a punch and twist my arm in the process of pushing my arm out to his stomach. And to my surprise, it works. It leaves me fascinated, Xavier as well. "Hey, good job! I didn't know you knew how to do that." he compliments making me smile.