{5} Caretaker

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

"So tomorrow, all of us, camping?" Emma says while giving a thumbs up at us. "Yup," Theo says nodding at her. I don't know why we are going camping, Emma is going to lose it not having a curler. I look over at Xavier, who had already been looking at me. A smile takes over my face. He smiles back.

It had been a week since the Jenna incident. That day, he gave me his phone number and told me to call anytime I needed to talk to someone.

"Alright, guys bye," Emma says, waving at us and leaving school. She was getting picked up by her mom, so I walked out of the school by myself. Until Xavier ran up next to me. "Woah there," he says pulling my body towards his side. "What the-" 

 "You were too busy admiring me that you almost ran into the pole," he says nodding his head at the pole next to me. "Oh," I stare at the pole inches away from my face. Xavier lets go and walks me to my car. It had been a daily thing now. He'd walk me to my car after school. Not that I mind...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Davina!!" Is all that I hear as I wake up. "Mmm," I groan throwing the blankets over my head. "Davina let's go-" Emma says bursting into my room. Sometimes I regret giving her a key to my apartment. "Why are you not ready!" she says yelling at me while uncovering me. "What the fuck!" I fly up and reach for the blanket. When I look around I come face to face with everyone in my room. I mean everyone. Xavier, Theo, Sam, Freya, Lidia, and Jackson. I just stare at them.

"So you coming?" Emma snaps me out of my shock. "About that..." I say combing through my hair. "What?" Emma asks me. " I have a fever... I can't go I'm sorry." I say giving her a faint smile. "Um yeah, guys turns out I can't go," Emma says sitting next to me on the bed and feeling my forehead. "I'm sorry what!" Freya says.

They had basically become best friends. Well, we all became friends. We basically do everything together now.  "You can't not go!" she says sadly. I love the fact that she's upset about her not going. Like I'm right here, but ok.

"You go I'll stay here," Xavier speaks up. "What?" Emma says looking at him. "It's fine I'll stay and check up on her. I kinda didn't want to go anyway, I'm not a wood's person." He says looking at her. "Really?" She says standing up. He looks at me and then back at her. "Yeah, it's ok."

"Yay!" Emma says squealing. But she stops and looks at me. "Wait... Are you good with this?" she asks me. "yeah I don't care." I say to her. Thank the lord I also did not want to go. I don't enjoy the idea of going into the woods with no service aka no 911 calls. Fuck that shit I'll stay here in my bed, thank you.

I also didn't mind Xavier staying behind. I wouldn't have to be alone and bored out of my mind. I enjoy the company of friends. I hate being alone. I say this as I don't live alone. Well, what the fuck do you want me to do my parents and brother are dead. I have no one else.