{3} Awkward.

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

"Nice to meet you... Davina"

God the way he said my name. I mean fuck, almost passed out. Oh my god, I need to stop. I'm acting like a hoe.

"So are yall new here?" Jackson asks making me look between him and the group. "Yeah, we are actually," Sam says nodding his head. "Ooh yall Have to see the park here. God someone asking you to date there literally is like getting engaged!" Emma says squealing "Right!" Freya says agreeing. 

Wait a goddamn minute.

"I thought you were new in town? how do you know the place?" I say in confusion "I-" she says looking at me like I had just caught her in a lie. "She... We stopped there after we got here yesterday." Theo says quickly finishing her sentence for her. He then looks at her and the exchange looks and looks back at us.

Uh, ok?

"Anyways.... how do yall like it here so far?" Emma quickly says in order to get rid of the awkward silence. way to go me. always making shit awkward. "It's pretty chill here. I like it." Xavier says looking around. "yeah it's a very chill place around here." Jackson says nodding.

"So are yall in any extracurriculars?" Sam says looking at us. "I'm doing cheerleading and choir," Emma says smiling at him. "What about you Jackson?" Theo asks looking at him. "I'm in band and law," Jackson says proudly. "And you... Davina?" Xavier asks which makes me lift my eyesight from my palms on my lap, to his eyes. God those eye- NO. Shut up subconscious. 

"huh?" I say confused. "What extracurriculars are you in?" He says slightly tilting his head. "Oh um... I'm doing art and business." I say while pulling my hair to the front of my shoulder. I look up to see Xavier already looking at me. I quickly look back down at my palms.

He then speaks again. "So, do you have any siblings going here?" I quickly look up at him. "I um.." I say starting to get a little panicky. "she doesn't want to talk about it." Emma quickly says readjusting in her seat. "Oh I'm sorry was I not supposed to ask something like that?" he says in confusion. 

"She-" Jackson was about to say something, but I cut him off. "My brother died," I say looking at him. "Oh... I'm so sorry for asking," he says apologetically. "It's fine. It was a year ago," I say giving a small smile. He smiles back at me.

The bell suddenly rings. Damn did we seriously talk that long? I started to get up. same as everyone. When Emma speaks. "what's your next class D?" she says as she grabs her bag. "Science," I say grabbing my bag and putting it on. "Same. I'll walk with you." Xavier says walking around the table and walking to me. "Um. sure I guess," I say looking up at him.

He looked about 6'1. Which was taller than me because I was around 5'7. "Nice," he says smiling at me and then waving at his friends that had already been walking out the doors. " Bye 'em," I say walking away from Emma. Xavier was next to me.

"I'm sorry." Xavier suddenly says as we were walking. "hm?" I say looking up at him. "about your brother." he says looking down at me. I exchange looks with him for a couple of seconds then look back ahead.  "When he died.. it felt as if I had died too," I say looking at the floor. "That's how I felt when my mother died." we look at each other. 

"I'm sorry," I say looking at him. "It's ok. it happened when I was 11." He says looking back ahead. As did I. "I honestly feel like I could never find someone to love as much as I loved him," I say sighing. "Or that no one will love you as they loved you." We both turn our heads to each other. "yeah.." I say slightly smiling. "Damn we are depressed," he says laughing and looking away.

We walk into science and look around. I saw a table in the corner of the room next to a window and headed toward it. In doing so I Heard a pair of footsteps behind me. When I settle in my seat I look up and meet green eyes again. "I think it's only suitable that the unstable, sad teens sit together." Xavier laughs and looks at me for approval. "I guess you're right." I smile in acceptance.

He takes his seat next to me and speaks. "Is your hair naturally that color?" He asks. "pardon?" the question came out of nowhere. "your hair color." he repeats and nods at my hair. "oh. Yes." I say running my hands through my dirty blonde hair. "I like it," He says looking at me. I lock eyes with him. "thank you." A smile appears on my face as I thank him.

I then see her walk through the door. my mood instantly changes from fine to annoyed. "Did I upset you?" Xavier quickly asks. I look back at him. He was studying my face. He had noticed my change in mood. "oh no. it's just I'm not very.. fond of that girl over there." I said nodding towards the girl sitting down on the desk rows ahead of us.

Xavier turns and looks at her, then back at me. "why?" he asks "Cause she's a bitch." I say while grabbing my journal and pencil. "Wow that bad?" he says smiling. This Jackass was enjoying my annoyance. "She bullied me my freshman year.." I say looking at him with a more soft face. "hmm.." he says looking at her.

After Xavier studies her for a minute or two he turns back around, looking at me. "If she bullied my dearest, beloved, unstable buddy.." he says dramatically. "then she indeed is... a bitch." he says smiling at me. "alright class lets go over the safety rules." the teacher start and we both look away from each other and at the teacher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rings. 

"I hope yall had a good first day of school. Y'all are all free to go!" The teacher says dismissing us. I grab my bag and stand up. "Woah wait up." Xavier says as he catches up to me at the door. "sorry." I say laughing. "Nah you're good." He says "God I can't wait to go home." I say throwing my head back. I could feel his eyes on me. It kinda made me insecure so I quickly lifted my head back up and continued walking to the front lobby of the school.

"Hey!" Emma yells running towards me. "Hey," I greet, nodding at her. "Oh, it was great. All of it." Xavier says and I give him a confused look. "especially the part when Davina called a girl a bitch." He teases with a smirk. "jackass." I say rolling my eyes. "who?" Emma laughs. "Jenna." I say sighing. "ew." she says cringing. "definitely deserved it." she says laughing. "That's what I said," Xavier says dramatically.

"sup man." Sam, Theo, Freya, and Lidia walk up to Xavier. "Ready to head home?" Theo asks them. "Not until I get a bite from here," Lidia says biting her lip. Sam immediately turns to her. "Not now. And not here." He says in a stern voice. "But I'm starving," she whines annoyed. "I don't give a flying shit. Just wait." He warns her. "Fuck you," she says pisses off before she walks out of the school.

We all just stood there. "Anyways.." Xavier says breaking the awkward silence. "we will see yall tomorrow." He says to me and Emma. "Oh and try not to call anyone a bitch again." Xavier quickly comments. "Fuck off," I say laughing, and walk out of the school alongside Emma.

"Well, it looks like you two are getting along," Emma comments looking at me. "Yeah, I guess I can't have just two friends my whole life. Gotta expand my social life." I say getting in the driver's seat of my car. "yup. it's not a bad thing to meet new people." Emma says getting in the passenger's seat. "New school year. New me," I say smiling at her, turning on the engine. "Yes mam," she says looking at me smiling.

 Damn. My life is starting to feel normal again. But how long is that gonna last.

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~