{44}- Fading

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

"Davina?" I woke up this morning to an empty bed. My heart sank when I looked inside the house without a trace of her. "You good bro?" Theos voice scares the shit out of me and I turn so fast he looks at me with concern. 

"Xavier? What's wrong?" His voice lowers an octave showing he was serious and highly concerned with my frightened face. "Davina." That is all I say to him. He shakes his head in confusion. "What about her?" How could I be so reckless and let her get out of my reach? 

"She's not in the house...." These words seem to startle Theo more than I thought they would ever. I guess we all grew so fond of her that we couldn't bare having her out of our sight.

We couldn't bare not having her sassy, stubborn, sarcastic personality near us. "What the hell do you mean she's not in the house?" His voice is now a low angry whisper. "I thought we all agreed that she was to be kept near us at ALL times." His words only make me feel more guilty.

"I swear I-" My sentence is cut short when I hear the front door shut. Theo and I look at each other in the realization of who it might be, and we rush to the entrance of the house. "Hi." Davina's voice is shaky and she stands almost dazed in front of the door. 

I see a folder in her hand but I brush it aside. I needed her.

I waste no time and I rush to her. I grab her face and inspect every detail. "Where did you go?" She looks at me. But what concerns me is her confused look. As if confused about my question. "I-" She looks at me then at the folder in her hand. "I... don't know." I'm left in silence. 

What?...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~~~•~~

I woke up around seven thirty and decided to clean up the kitchen. I place a cup in the sink and turn to look at the trash on the counter. I sigh and grab it. I internally punch the air when I notice that the trashcan was filled to the brim.