18

Mikaelson Mansion

We just arrived back at the house, I cleaned the blood off my face and grabbed another bottle of wine to calm my emotions. So much has already happened tonight, my brain is spinning and I feel exhausted emotionally and physically. The witches words keep running through my mind but I will not let my torturous thoughts take away the fact that Elijah will be awoken tonight. I lean against the doorway watching as Daniel one of the hybrids, pushes the last coffin into a large room of the Mansion. "You've got your family back. Finally. You're gonna open them?" He asks Nik. He walks out of the room through the doorway I'm leaning against, he completely ignore me. "Not quite yet. I still have some unfinished business to take care of."

I gasp and throw the bottle at the back of his head as rage floods through me. He moves out of the way as the bottle hits the wall sending wine to spray across the room. "NIKLAUS MIKAELSON! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN NOT YET?! The plan was sire hybrids! Kill Mikael! Revive Elijah! I helped you do all of that and you aren't even going to do as you said." I scream at him as angry tears stream down my face. He looks at me amused, "Aubrey sweetheart I need you to calm down, we will awake your dear Elijah from his nap soon." He says condescendingly, as the rage over takes my body the house begins to shake. I close my eyes and take a deep breath and it stops. "I risked my life for you. And this is what you pull." I say not opening my eyes afraid that if I see him I will do something I will regret in the future.

I hear Daniel gasping in pain causing me to turn toward the sound and open my eyes

I hear Daniel gasping in pain causing me to turn toward the sound and open my eyes. What I see sends so many emotions through me.

"Elijah." I whisper wondering if what I am seeing is real. Elijah is standing where Daniel was with his heart in his hand and he looks shocked. "So Niklaus, Aubrey, What did I miss?"

I stand in place frozen as he looks back and forth between Nik and I, he pulls a handkerchief from his pocket and begins cleaning Daniel's blood off his hand, "You look surprised to see me

I stand in place frozen as he looks back and forth between Nik and I, he pulls a handkerchief from his pocket and begins cleaning Daniel's blood off his hand, "You look surprised to see me. So it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my chest?" He asks while looking at me. I try to speak but nothing comes out so I shake my head back and forth. He sends me a small smile before looking toward Nik as he begins talking, "You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?"