21

I wake up feeling like an ice cube, I keep my eyes closed and pat the spot next to me and Nik is gone. "My love I'm still here." I groan, "I'm cold come back to bed please." He simply ignores me causing me to open my eyes, I see Nik standing up with an easel painting in only his boxers. "As much as I enjoy this view please come cuddle." I give him my best puppy dog eyes which he simply ignores continuing focusing on his painting. "Nik?" He peaks to the side of his easel with his eyebrows raised, "What time is it?"

"2 in the morning." He responds going back to his painting, "Either get back in bed or I'm going to find someone else to cuddle with." Suddenly Nik is gone and my bedroom door is wide open. What is up with vampires not even having the manners to say goodbye. I dig my head into my pillow and try to get warm under the blanket. I feel the bed dip causing me to smile, "I thought you were mad at my threat." I mumble and cuddle up to Nik's warm chest, wait this isn't Nik.

I open my eyes and Elijah is laying beside me with his hands behind his head, "Lijah thank God, I thought I was going to get hypothermia." He smiles at me softly before brushing my hair out of my face making butterflies flutter in my stomach at the small gesture. "Go back to bed my angel we are both here." I press a soft kiss to his bare chest. "Goodnight Lijah, love you."

I open my eyes as I wake up to the bright sun beaming through my eyelids, I see I'm still laying on Elijah's chest but I also feel Nik holding onto my waist from behind. This is by far the most comfortable I have ever been and was definitely the best night of sleep I've gotten in a long time. But I really need to pee and I have no idea how to manage that as I'm sandwiched between two vampire men.

Nik begins moving his arms pulling me closer to him, "Nik I have to pee, are you alive." I question as quietly as possible not wanting to wake him up if he's asleep still. "Technically not for a millennium." Before he rolls off the bed. I do the same and walk toward the bathroom. I look in the mirror and remember I'm completely naked, oh well.

I finish my business and walk back into the room to see Elijah sitting on the bed with a smirk as he bites his lip. I get back under the blankets and look up at him, "Can you please lay back down, your very comfy." He smiles and does as I asked and I let out a sigh of happiness at his presence. "Thanks for coming in here last night." I mumble ready to fall back asleep. "It was no trouble, I suppose it could become a nightly routine." I smile against his chest.

"How are you doing?" I question while tracing patterns on his chest with my fingers, much like I did to Nik the night before. "With?" He questions confusion lacing his tone, "Your mother and siblings being back." He sighs, "I am ecstatic at my siblings return but I fear my mother has dishonorable intentions." I move off his chest and use his arm as a pillow laying on my side so I can see his face. "I don't trust her Elijah." He looks down at me, "I will not let any harm come to you Aubrey. expectually not at the hands of my mother."

"It's not me I'm worried about Elijah. I'm scared she will do something to all of you." He looks at me sadly, "If it comes to that we will deal with it then, for the moment let us just be here." I nod and close my eyes enjoying his warmth.

As I walk into the room I freeze in surprise Elijah, Kol, Finn and Rebekah are all in here with a bunch of workers. Rebekah looks up at me with a smile, "Aubrey, finally. Come get your nails done." I look at her confused before sitting next to her and take a bite of my bagel just observing the weird scene. Finn and Kol are in suits and Rebekah is just lounging while her nails are getting painted. "So what's the big occasion?"

"Mother is throwing a ball." I resist the urge to roll my eyes. "Splendid. Thanks for warning me Elijah." I mumble the last part and he sends me an apologetic smile. "Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am." Kol inquires while admiring him self in the mirror. "Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled." She responds causing everyone to chuckle.