30

The next morning

I wake up to an empty bed making me sigh sadly. I am dying of sweat as I stand up and put on my silk robe. I walk down stairs and into the living room to find Elijah, Nik, and Kol sat there. I walk over to Elijah and sit on his lap pressing a soft kiss to his cheek, he responds by kissing a deep kiss to my lips.

I hear Kol groan causing me to look over at him, "For heavens sake, as if I did not hear enough last night, now I have to witness it with Elijah. Do you really have to be so loud Aubrey." I chuckle at him, "I'll make sure to be extra loud next time Kol." He downs his glass of blood, "Lovely."

I look at Nik who looks smug, "I need you to get some air conditioning in this ancient house. It feels like a damn inferno." He smiles up at me, "I'll have someone see too it." I nod at him and Rebekah suddenly storms in, "You were right. The girl, Cami – she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about." Nik stands up walking to face her, "Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?"

"It's not a 'what', it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that." I sigh "A witch. Great as if we haven't had enough bad luck with them since we arrived." She looks toward me, "She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful." Elijah rubs circles on my thigh causing me to smile up at him. "Where is she?" Nik questions. Rebekah looks up confusion evident on her face, That clever bitch. I don't know." Nik steps forward, "What's wrong?" She looks up worried, "She wiped my memory of the location. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original."

" How did you even figure all this out Rebekah?" She shakes her head, "I fail to see how that is bloody relevant." I stand up off Elijah's lap and grab her hand drag her outside and sit on the rocking chair. She looks at me confused and I jester for her to sit. She rolls he eyes and sits as I question, "So?"

"I went and interrupted his date with that blonde bartender."
"Hmm, someone got jealous, What is your family's history with Marcel exactly?"

"Klaus loved him like a son. I was there the day that they met. We were burying Emil my boyfriend, the governor's only son... or so we thought. Turns out the governor had another son, from a mother that he owned. Klaus saw himself in the boy. He remembered how our father used to beat him. He, too, was the bastard child of a man who saw him as nothing but a beast. Emil wasn't the only boyfriend of mine that Klaus killed. He did it again, and again, and every time I found someone to care about. He just kept doing it until, finally, I stopped falling in love. He said he was protecting me from my mistakes, that no one was ever good enough for his little sister. Until one day, someone was. Klaus daggered me for 52 year because of my love for him."

"Wow, I didn't know it went that deep. I'm so glad we got rid of the daggers. Why are we going to betray Marcel then? If he is so important to you and Nik." She shrugs, "The witches said either you die or we betray Marcel." She says before walking away leaving me alone in my thoughts.

After my talk with Rebekah I went back up to my room and took a shower and put on some comfy clothes. Since I went out with Nik yesterday I am going to stay in with Elijah today. When I walk into the living room I find Elijah sitting in the living room, reading out of a book with a M on the front. It looks extremely old. He looks up at me with a smile, "You look beautiful, are you staying in with me today." I nod and sit next to him in the couch, leaning over his shoulder to look at the book. "What is that? It looks super old."

He nods, "It is my journal from 1359." My eyes widen, "I always forget that the lot of you are practically artifacts. Speaking of artifacts, has Nik left to scheme against Marcel for the day?" He turn the page of his journal, "No, he is downstairs in the cellars with that new vampire... what was his name..." I smile excitedly, "Josh?" He nods and I jump off the couch. "Yay! I've been so excited to see him again! I'm going to go down there for a bit and then we can spend some time together."