34

As I walk down the stairs I cannot help but smile down at my baby bump that is finally showing. I think I look rather cute pregnant. As I walk toward the living room i can hear classical music playing, I walk into the doorway and my jaw drops, "What the hell is a dead women doing on our coffee table! Can you keep the women you feed on out of the house?!" I yell as I look at a relaxed reading Niklaus and Elijah. Elijah waves his hand in the air, "This is a gift from Niklaus."

Nik sighs, "I presumed, after so much time trying to find my redemption, that my big brother might be a bit peckish." Elijah has a look of annoyance on his face, "And I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicates contrition and personal growth." I roll my eyes at there antics as Nik rolls his as well.

Elijah gestures to the dead women. "Not this nonsense." I lay down across the couch with my head on Nik's lap as he smiles up at Elijah, "Well, I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" Then Rebekah walks in seemly annoyed, "Well, I suppose I'll go fetch the rubbish bin, because she's staining a two hundred-year-old carpet."

"Thank you Bekah, I would help you but I don't believe carrying dead women is recommended while pregnant. And since you love me so much will you grab me a water." He sighs, "What so I look like a bloody butler?" I chuckle at her, "Not but if you were a butler you would certainly be a sexy one." She winks at me and then walks into the kitchen. "I'm still mad at you Nik but what are you reading."

He looks down at me, "A poem

He looks down at me, "A poem." I sigh at his vague response, "Read to me?" I question with a pout making him smile, "Isn't that a you and Elijah activity?" I shrug, "Maybe but you voice is just as sexy and intriguing." He chuckles, "Well my love when you put it that way you it is impossible to deny you." He says before beginning,

"I was angry with my friend. I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe. I told it not, my wrath did grow. And I watered it in fears, Night and morning with my tears; And I sunned it with smiles,  And with soft deceitful wiles. And it grew both day and night, 'Til it bore an apple bright. And my foe beheld it shine. And he knew that it was mine. And into my garden stole. When the night had veiled the pole; In the morning glad I see, My foe outstretched beneath the tree."

As he read the poem to me I couldn't help buy watch his face as he reads aloud, feeling so much love for him I feel as though if it was taken away my soul would shatter. He looks down at me with a soft smile before brushing my hair out of my face. "I love you Nik, but you read really depressing literature." He chuckles down at me, "And you chose extremely cheesy literature. I saw you reading twilight in Mystic Falls,  you know how bloody inaccurate that series is." I laugh at him, "Hey, don't judge me Niklaus! We still need to have a family night binge watching them all!"

He shakes his head in disagreement, "Never going to happen sweetheart." I sit up next to him, struggling slightly due to my bump. "It will happen, willingly or not! When I get my magic back I will lock the lot of you in a bloody room if I have to." He sighs annoyed though the big smile on his face says other wise. I look over at Elijah who is looking at me over the old book he is reading, with a tilt of my head I ask, "What?"