24

Elijah dropped me off at the grill before going to talk to the doppelgänger wrench so now I'm sitting at the bar with Nik and Kol munching on chicken strips. He didn't want me left alone in the house with his mother and Finn being all dodgy. "Are you excited for the full moon my love?" I shake my head back and forth no, "Why not? If I recall correctly you love it."

"It sucks when in a bad mood, I can't fully enjoy it

"It sucks when in a bad mood, I can't fully enjoy it." He hums, "I could turn with you." I smile up at him, "Sure." Kol let's out a irritated sigh, "Great so the two of you can roll around and be mutts together. Sounds splendid." I roll my eyes, "I'm going to get some fresh air, this bar feels like a sauna." I hop off my barstool and walk outside sighing in relief as the cold air hits my skin.

I take a seat on the bench right outside the bar and put a cigarette between my lips. I siphon from Nik and inhale, I grimace at the taste before throwing it on the ground. What the hell is wrong with me lately? I close my eyes and lean my head back, "Still feeling ill?" I look over and Nik is looking at me, concern lacing his face. I nod and he sighs taking a seat next to me on the bench. He wraps his arm around my shoulders bringing me closer to him. His aroma almost immediately brings comfort to me as I lean into him. "You could try siphoning from me, if magic is the cause for you feeling this way maybe it is the fix."

I nod and begin siphoning from him enjoying his magic flowing trough my blood. I stop, "I still feel the same just with magic as well." I let out an annoyed sigh, "Probably just came down with something." Nik squeezes me closer to him, "If you are not better soon perhaps you should see a doctor." I roll my eyes and look up at him, "Nik, I don't think I need to go to a doctor for the bloody flu." He smiles down at me before pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"I just cannot let anything happen to you Aubrey." My heart warms, "That works both ways Niklaus." I press a kiss to his nose and suddenly his face fills with concern. "What? What's wrong?" He stands up, "Kol." He says murderously before vampire speeding toward the alley of the grill.

I run as fast as I can into the alley and as I'm standing at the top of the staircase I see Alaric seemly dead on the ground. I feel my skin tearing in my arm and Stefan is standing next to me as I have a knife sticking out of my forearm. Suddenly he is thrown down the staircase by a concerned looking Elijah. I grip the knife and pull it out letting of a hiss from the pain as blood flows down my arm. "Aubrey, are you alright?" I nod stiffly.

Nik takes a step toward Stefan before Elijah yells, "Leave him! We still need them, Niklaus." Damon, Stefan and Nik all look our way,, "What did mother do? What did she do, Elijah?" Elijah pushes me behind him before taking a few steps forward and pulling his phone out of his suit jacket.  "You tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now." Well now I know how his meeting with Elena went.

Damon looks up at the clock tower, "You told me we had until after nine." When the moon is at its fullest I presume. "I'm sure Rebekah will be more than happy to start her work early." Stefan, Damon and Alaric are suddenly gone and it's just me, Elijah, Nik and Kol left. Suddenly Nik and Elijah are right beside me, Elijah begins rolling up my sweatshirt sleeve of the arm I was stabbed. Nik grabs my face, "Aubrey, you shouldn't have followed me." I shrug, " It's just a little poke I'll survive." I say sarcastically.