28

"W... wait Niklaus, I need to hear you say the baby is okay." They both stop running and Nik cups my face concern evident in his eyes, "Aubrey my love, the baby is fine." I nod as tears stream down my face. He picks me up and begins running until we are in a house I've never seen before when I'm wrapped in another set of arms. "Aubrey thank God. We were all so worried." I squeeze Rebekah back as tight as I can before pulling away.

"They injected me with the same shit Damon did before, the witch muting drug. Once it's out of my system I can siphon the spell then I can rip that Cow to shreds along with thing one and thing two." I say angrily. Suddenly Niks lips are pressed on mine frantically, "I will make sure they pay. When Rebekah came back I was afraid I would never see you two again." He says sadly while rubbing my stomach. "We are fine now thanks to you two." I say sending a smile to him and Elijah before sitting down on an old sofa. "I don't think I've ever wanted to kill some more than when I didn't know if that witch killed our baby."

Elijah sits down besides me and grabs my hands, "We will not allow that to happen." I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder. Nik sits down beside me and grabs my hand, "I forgot how much I liked this town." He says to Elijah, "I didn't forget. All the centuries we've spent together, and yet I can count on one hand the number of times that our family has been truly happy. I hated leaving here."  I sigh, "Honestly I can't wait to leave this bloody town, first day here and I was kidnapped and linked to some psycho witch."

"Are you bringing the hybrids here?" I question Nik, "Not yet, Marcel will grow suspicious if an army arrives in town. With our family here you will be safe and that is all that matters." I turn toward him, "If you cared about Marcel in the past why are we going to betray him?" I can't help but question him.

"I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed – we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own." He stands up and walks to the door, "Now I am off to regain his trust." Before walking out the front door.

Rebekah and Kol stand up, "Well we are off to have some fun." Kol says with a grin while Rebekah nods. " I would say be safe but your immortal." She waves and then they are both gone. I sigh and lay across the couch, my head resting on Elijah's lap as I look up at him. "What now?" I question. "Did the witches do anything to you?" I sigh, "Stabbed me in the neck with a big ass needle and then man handled me. Other than that no." His jaw clenches, "I've never wished to behead two men more than that moment." He says stiffly. 

"I told them I would tear their eyeballs out of their head." Elijah chuckles and runs his hand through my tangled hair. "I would expect nothing less from my little devil. You were extremely concerned about the baby earlier." Unconsciously my hand goes totally my stomach as I sigh, "All I know is when I thought of the witch hurting them I felt murderous, maybe I'm psychotic or maybe it's mother instincts." He hums, "Perhaps a little of both."

My jaw drops as I raise my hand to slap his face lightly, he grabs my wrist and presses a soft kiss to it. "Don't try to be sweet now you ass." He chuckles, "I have no idea what your talking about. Now how about I make you some dinner?" I nod happily.

While Elijah made me dinner I took a quick shower to get the gross cemetery grim off of me. Now I am sitting down and eating Elijah's amazing pasta with him in the dining room. "Is it done?" Elijah asks causing me to hum confused. Nik begins speaking causing me to jump.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches."