32

I stand up quickly but quietly, I set my book on the chair and grab my sword, I run to hide behind a wall surrounding the pool. As soon as I'm behind the wall I hear the back door swung open, followed by heavy footsteps. As I hide in the shadows I hold my sword up, ready for an attack. As a set of heavy footsteps gets closer I feel my heart beating out of my chest. A tall man dressed in all black walks past where I'm hiding and looks left and right, I step forward and swing the sword with all the power I can, blood sprays across my face and along the walls as his head and body fall to the floor with a thud. 

I don't waste but a second before jumping over the fence outlining the backyard and running into the small field surrounding the house. "She's this way! Get her!" I hear a yell from behind me as I sprint as fast as I can reaching the forest surrounding the property. I hide behind a tree trying to catch my breath as three sets of footsteps stepping on twigs echos through the forest. Three more men run past me causing me to come out of hiding. With their backs turned toward me, I run up behind one of the men, I swing my sword at his throat, he gargles on his own blood as he clutches his throat, dropping to the ground. 

I run toward a man holding a machete, I jump off a fallen tree as I swing the sword, effectively decapitating him. Another man comes running at me, I swing my sword at him, causing him to begin bleeding from his chest. While heavily breathing I stand over him, "You and your friends are terrible at combat." I say before stabbing him in the throat. Watching as his eyes become soulless, with an evil grin on my face. I look up as I hear a set of footsteps and see another man, I flash my wolf eyes, "Come to play?" I ask while swinging my sword around. 

Suddenly his head is off of his body, as his body drops to the floor Elijah is standing where the man previously was. While fixing his cufflinks he says with a smirk, "I find your technic quite exquisite." I smile up at him and wrap one of my arms around him while holding the bloody sword, "Remind me to thank Niklaus for the sword." I say while breathing heavily. He cups my face and presses a kiss to my lips before pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the blood off my face. "I will thank him as well, I love you." I press a kiss to his lips, "I love you." Suddenly lights flash through the forest causing Elijah's face to tense.

"Run as far away from here as possible, I will find you when they are all dead." I press a quick but passionate kiss to his lips before sprinting away with my sword. I run through the forest as fast as possible, jumping over broken branches and shrubs along the way. The only sounds I can hear through the foggy forest is owls hooting, my heavy breathing, and my footsteps. Suddenly a sharp pain shoots through my shoulder, as my vision goes fuzzy I see an arrow sticking out of my body before falling to the ground as darkness clouds my vision. 

I groan as I wake up, and I thought I felt terrible this morning. I sit up and look around, finding myself alone in the forest. I stand up despite feeling extremely woozy, I begin vomiting on the forest floor. Once done I wipe my mouth with my sleeve and begin walking, despite having no idea where I am. My entire body is aching as I make my way through the night. Finally I lay eyes on the plantation, as I stumble to the house suddenly Nik, Elijah and Rebekah are in front of me.

"Aubrey! What happened? Tell me what happened." Nik says, concern evident on his tone and face. "I did some ninja shit with the sword, Elijah found me and told me to run. After running I got shot with an arrow then my mind went blank. Pretty sure I got knocked out." Nik puts his hand on my shoulder, looking me over for any injuries. "You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you." 

"This happened in Mystic Falls as well." I say while my vision remains fuzzy. Rebekah suddenly is standing beside me with her arm around me. "It's the baby. The vampire blood-- Klaus' vampire blood-- in your system. It can heal any wound. Your own child healed you." Nik and I smile at one another as I rub my stomach. I look up at him, "The heart beat is still there right?" He smiles up at me and nods, I let out a sigh of relief.