2

Jeno wakes around noon and eats his breakfast while watching tv. He plays with his cats for a while before washing his hands and changing for work.
He leaves in sweats and a t shirt with his gym bag in hand.
He parks his car in the employee lot and goes to his locker first. He finds his clean, neatly pressed uniform and puts it on. He sits and puts on his work shoes and sighs as the door opens to his partner.
"Oh, hi Jeno. Early again?" He pinches the bridge of his nose.
"You've been my partner now for what? Six months? Yet you make that comment almost every day." His partner laughs.
"That's because I know it will annoy you." He says with a laugh.
"You're lucky today is a good day Donghyuck." He raises his brows.
"Wait, you are having a good day? Is it a girl? Did you meet the future Mrs Jeno Lee?" Jeno stands and puts his hand on his shoulder before squeezing it, making Donghyuck fold over in pain.
"Yah, fine. You only like dick, I know, I was just kidding." Jeno smirks and lets go.
"I hear enough talk about finding a good woman to make grandchildren for my mother. She fucking knows I'm gay but apparently refuses to acknowledge it." He grabs his holster with his gun out of his bag and attaches it to his waste before pinning on his badge.
"Let's go." He says as Donghyuck grabs all of his stuff and runs after him.
"You know? If you bring someone home to your mom, she would have no choice but to accept it." Donghyuck says as he sits in the passenger seat of their cruiser. Jeno smiles as he starts the engine.
"First of all my friend, I have to find someone I like enough before I'm willing to subject them to my mother." Donghyuck risks his life and pinches his cheek.
"Awe, I'm your friend?" He asks in a cute voice making Jeno cringe hard.
"Not anymore." He says sternly. Donghyuck just laughs. He lives for getting under his skin.
After a couple hours into their shift they get called to the scene of a home burglary. The suspect is running through yards and alleyways to escape. They are told where to go to cut them off so they park a little out of sight and watch. Jeno nods his head toward a shed that he's sure he hears something in and Donghyuck acknowledges him and they each take a side. They get to the front and Jeno pulls his gun while Donghyuck gets ready to open the door. He holds up his fingers and counts down while Jeno takes the safety off and takes a deep breath.
"Hands up!" Jeno shouts as the door swings open and they see a man, roughly in his thirties crouched down near a duffel. He cocks his gun loudly for the suspect to hear and they slowly raise their hands. Donghyuck is quick to cuff him. They frisk him and read him his rights, they only find a knife in his jeans, but his bag is full of stolen goods. They put him in the back of the squad and of course since they are the ones who apprehended him, they have paper work to file. Jeno hates paper work but it's part of the job so he has to deal.
When they finally get back in the car Donghyuck whines because he hasn't had dinner yet and begs to go to McDonald's, Jeno isn't even hungry but gives in just to shut him up.
"How is your family?" Donghyuck asks making Jeno actually smile a genuine smile. Donghyuck chuckles.
"So good, we played this morning and I brushed them before work." Donghyuck laughs.
"You really need a boyfriend, you are actually a crazy cat lady, and you are allergic." Only after Jeno punches him in the shoulder is he ready to eat.
After taking their break their night was pretty uneventful. A few traffic stops and an occasional disturbance call but otherwise calm, just how they like it.
When his shift ends at 12:30AM, Jeno heads straight for the gym. He's had a stressful day and is ready to unwind the best way he can, he won't admit that he's a little excited to see Renjun.
He peeks through the door and finds no one so he shrugs and walks in. After setting his stuff to the side he grabs a ball and starts shooting. He runs a few laps as well to get his blood flowing.
After he spends an hour by himself it's clear Renjun isn't coming. He's more disappointed than he thought he would be, in fact he tried to tell himself that he prefers to be alone so he should be enjoying himself. He sighs and grabs his things to head to the shower. He takes his time again and tries to stop his mind from wandering to what the small one would be doing instead. When he's done he dresses and grabs his things. He shuts off the light and heads toward the exit.
He tells himself to just be happy taking care of his sweet cats. They, after all are reliable and are there when you expect them to be.
He starts to drive away and notices a small person walking, thoroughly exhausted with his shoulders slumped and slams on the breaks when he realizes it's Renjun.
"Renjun? Is that you?" He asks and watches him lift his head with a defeated look on his face. He pulls over and gets out of the car, walking up to him.
"Where were you?" He asks softly.
"Are you ok?" He's genuinely concerned for the smaller. Renjun nods sadly.
"I'm sorry. I fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop, they aren't running anymore now so I had to walk back." Jeno frowns.
"Do you know how dangerous that is? You should have called someone." He asks with a slightly raised voice. Renjun breaks into sobs.
"I'm s-sorry. I didn't know what to do, all my friends are sleeping now." Jeno sighs.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I just don't want you getting hurt." Renjun looks up surprised.
"Dont read into it, I wouldn't want anyone hurt." Renjun nods and smiles softly.
"I guess I missed my lesson then?" Jeno chuckles.
"Yeah, but at least you got in a good cardio workout. Come on, I'll take you home." Renjun nods and walks with him to his car.
"Thank you, I'm sorry for being a burden." Jeno frowns.
"You aren't a burden." The ride goes quiet again as Jeno concentrates on remembering how to get to his house without the gps.
He looks over and sees Renjun is still crying silently and he feels bad.
"I'm really sorry, if I scared you." He says softly.
"No, it's not that. I was so scared walking alone and I'm so happy you saw me, I didn't think I could walk anymore. I'm just so great full to have met someone as special and nice as you." He continues to wipe at his eyes while Jeno stays silent. He's not really sure how to respond to that.
When they pull up to his apartment building Renjun pauses and takes a deep breath.
"Would you like to come up for tea or something?" Jeno tries to hide the shock on his face, he was expecting his night to go just like usual with the minor exception of teaching Renjun basketball.
"I'm sorry, if it seems a certain way. I just don't want to be alone right now." Jeno looks at the time, seeing its now around 2:30 AM and thinks about it for only a minute.
"Sure, one cup of tea, then I have to get home." Renjun smiles wide and Jeno can't help but think that his smile is enough to light up the city and maybe more. Even with his tear stained face and puffy eyes, he radiates utter happiness at the moment. He shakes his head and finds a place to park.
He grabs his bag and silently follows Renjun in, they silently ride the elevator. Jeno feels a little awkward but it's fine. When they get to his door Renjun turns and looks Jeno square in the face.
"I don't usually trust people, but there is something about you that makes me think you are a really good person, so I'm trusting you won't take advantage of me in any way." He says sternly making Jeno have to fight hard to hold back a giggle.
"I would never." He finally gets out. Renjun nods and turns the key. When he opens it Jeno feels a lovely warmth that he hasn't in a long time. The place is cute and cozy just like his personality. Soft colors and features.
"I'll start the water then if it's ok I'll wash up quickly?" Renjun asks, Jeno smiles softly and nods.
He paces slowly, just taking in the atmosphere and looking at a few pictures Renjun has hanging on the wall.
He hears the tea kettle whistle so he goes to shut it off. The kitchen is small and cozy as well and he is not surprised when he sees Renjun come out in a warm yellow sweater and soft white pajama pants. His little bare feet pad across the floor toward him and he doesn't even realize he's smiling until Renjun smiles back at him a little awkwardly with pink cheeks. He brings himself out of his trance and clears his throat.
"The water was done so I." He stops talking when Renjun giggles.
"It's ok, I heard it. Thank you, please have a seat. He points toward the couch and Jeno awkwardly backs away and leaves the room. While he waits for the other he scolds himself for being stupid again in front of him.
Renjun brings their tea in and sets them down. He sits cross legged on the couch and pulls a white furry throw blanket over his legs and again Jeno goes soft. He almost feels like he should hurry and go, so he doesn't get attached.
"Thank you for staying, I was feeling really creeped out over that walk. I'm not usually out late but I want to practice." Jeno smiles and nods.
"I'm happy to be here." Jeno says softly.
"So why practice so late?" He asks.
"Well, it's embarrassing how bad I am, so I was hoping no one would see me." Jeno chuckles.
"We aren't all good at everything." He says shrugging.
"If you don't mind me asking, how do you know your crush? It doesn't sound like you have too much in common." Renjun looks away, embarrassed.
"He's a coworker of mine. He's cute, and he is nice to me. He was talking in the break room one day about his college days and basketball and one of my other coworkers looked at me and laughed, saying I bet you couldn't even lift a ball. I was hurt but also like why drag me into it? You know? Anyway I said I could play a little and that's when Yangyang, my crush said his college friends were getting together in a few weeks and were going to play a game and invited the asshole and me to play." Jeno frowns but doesn't say anything, at least not that he thinks his crush is probably an asshole too.
"That's why I want to learn so I don't look stupid in front of him." Jeno smiles softly.
"I'm sorry I have to go now, but how about I pick you up and drop you off?" Renjun gets a little flustered.
"No I couldn't possibly take advantage of you like that." Jeno shakes his head no.
"It's not a problem at all, I'm going there too so it will just be on the way." Renjun smiles really big, happy to not have to ride the late bus again.
"I will be here between 12:30 and 1:00 every night unless I say different. Also give me your number just in case." Renjun is overwhelmed with how thoughtful he is being. He stands when Jeno does to escort him out.
"Thanks for the tea." He says softly.
"It's the least I could do, thank you for everything." Jeno smiles and pats his shoulder before taking his leave.