4

When they get to the door Renjun is almost pale and Jeno is a little concerned.
"Are you ok?" Renjun nods quickly.
"Yes, yes, of course." Jeno turns his keys and slowly opens the door. He switches on the light and sets his bag on the shelf by the door and empties it. He throws his dirty clothes into the washer and Renjun thinks it's cute how he's so detail oriented. He watches him as he pulls a leather belt with a gun attached out of the bag and shrivels back in fear.
"W-why d-do you have that?" He asks shielding himself. Jeno jumps and tries to hide it but of course he knows it's too late.
"Don't be scared, I'm a police officer. This is my official weapon and look it's not loaded." Renjun frowns.
"Police?" He asks softly. Jeno nods and pulls his badge out of the bag and hands it to Renjun who reads his name and traces it with his finger.
"I'm sorry. For being scared, I just. Like a million things went through my mind and I hope I didn't offend you, it's not that I don't..." Renjun pouts as he watches Jeno laughing harder than he's ever seen, but when he notices the cute way his eyes smile he is enamored.
"I'm sorry for laughing. Your rambling was cute though." Jeno says making both of their cheeks heat up, when he realizes he said it out loud.
"Uh anyway. Come." He says walking away. He goes into his bedroom and Renjun follows not really knowing where he was going. He watches Jeno kneel down beside his bed and pull out a small gun safe and opens it and puts his gun away. He hangs his belt on the closet door and takes his badge gently out of Renjun's hand and puts it on his dresser.
"Sorry, I shouldn't be here." Renjun says as he starts to leave the room. Jeno chuckles at his nervousness and follows him. He goes into the kitchen and heats water for tea and grabs three cans of food out of the cupboard. It's only then that Renjun understands who he is meeting. His heart melts as he watches Jeno put food in each dish and set it in front of them. He then sits on the floor and pats the space next to him so that Renjun can join him and they pet the kitties while they eat. Jeno smiles so genuinely and Renjun can see his lovely eye smile again and can tell he really loves his cats. It warms his heart so much.
"What are their names?" He asks softly as one kitty crawls on his lap.
"Seol, Nal and you have Bongsik. They're my babies." He says proudly.
"Oh, they're so cute. I could cuddle them all day." Jeno giggles. He loves seeing the pure excitement on Renjun's face, he loves that he can generally pick up on his moods just by his expressions.
"I wish I could have a kitty, I'm not allowed to have any pets." He says with a cute pout. Jeno decides to get off the floor and wash his hands to avoid looking at him so close, he knows he's falling for him even in these few days they've known each other but he can't help it. He knows it isn't going anywhere, after all Renjun is literally learning to play basketball for someone else. As much as he knows it will be difficult, he will just have to keep it friendly, really they only have a few weeks before Renjun won't need him anymore.
Renjun follows suit and helps to get their tea ready. They go to the couch and Jeno offers Renjun a small blanket which he's thankful for.
"So how long have you been a cop?" He asks taking a sip.
"Three years." He says softly. Renjun nods.
"Now that you know what I do, what do you do?" Renjun hums at his question.
"I don't really want to tell you, it's super boring compared to you." He pouts again and Jeno can't take it. He looks away and takes a drink before setting his cup on the table.
"Oh come on, it can't be that bad." Renjun giggles cutely.
"It really is, I'm an accountant at an advertising company. I didn't want to do it but my parents had pressured me when I got out of school Saying art won't get me anywhere and that I needed a stable job and sadly they were right." He frowns and looks longingly into the ripple in his tea cup.
"I'd like to see some of your art." Jeno says softly.
"Really? Oh my, can I come over tomorrow with my sketchbook? I'll even draw your beautiful cats." Jeno makes a surprised face that makes Renjun melt. He thinks he is too cute to be a tough police officer.
They talk for a long time, the remnants of their tea going cold in the cups as they enjoy sometimes meaningless conversation. Both are feeling a little droopy eyed but neither are keeping track of the time. It isn't until Renjun's alarm goes off at six AM that reality hits him.
"Oh shit! I have to go to work? Oh My god I can't believe we talked that long." He jumps up and takes their cups to the kitchen and starts to rinse them. Jeno shakes his head and gently takes the cups from him and sets them down.
"Calm down, I'll drive you. But are you sure you shouldn't maybe stay home today? You haven't slept." Renjun shakes his head no.
"I'll be ok. But I would appreciate a ride." Jeno smiles and nods.
They quickly get into his car and head to Renjun's.
"I'll wait out here, don't worry." Renjun says ok and runs into the building. Jeno notices a small cafe on the corner and leaves his car.
When Renjun gets back Jeno has a cup of coffee and two doughnuts for him. The look of pure disbelief on his face is cute.
"How are you so sweet? Aren't cops supposed to be edgy and emotionless?" Jeno laughs his beautiful laugh, his eyes disappearing with his smile.
"Not all cops are like that." He says as he starts driving away. He watches Renjun munching away on his doughnuts and drinking his coffee appreciatively. When they get there, oddly enough neither want to part.
"I had fun last night. Thank you for letting me meet your cats, and for giving me a ride. Oh and thank you for breakfast." Jeno smiles softly, he's starting to feel heavy, ready for sleep.
"Have a good day, and please be careful. Don't fall asleep on the bus. You can text me or call me to stay awake if you need and as long as I'm not busy I'll talk to you." Renjun can't help himself when he leans over and kisses his cheek. He does it with all of his friends when the situation is warranted but this felt different. He's not sure why but he knows he should probably get out of the car now. Both men are blushing madly and smiling weirdly.
"Bye." Jeno whispers, Renjun waves and walks away.
Jeno drives away with his hand touching the spot on his cheek with a smile that he tries to Will away.
When Renjun gets into work he instantly gets the look from Jaemin.
"I seen you kiss someone, did you perhaps spend the night with this someone?" Renjun slaps him again.
"No, well yes, I guess I did." He says making Jaemin gasp.
"Not like that you fool! He's my friend, we were talking. That's all, end of story." He stomps away and Mark and Jaemin have to coo at how cute he is when he's angry.
Renjun notices how Yangyang seems to have heard everything that was said and he's a bit embarrassed, he doesn't want him to think he sleeps around. He goes on with his work but by mid day he can't keep his eyes open and has to see if he can leave early. The boss takes pity and lets him go so he says goodbye and hops on the first bus going his way. He texts Jeno to tell him and to let him know that he will be rested up for later.
Jeno smiles and gazes out the window making Donghyuck quite suspicious.
"Who is cutie?" He asks making Jeno quickly shut his phone off.
"What? Come on, you look happier than I've seen you in a long time. I tell you everything about my man." Jeno chuckles.
"Even when I don't want to know." He says dryly.
"Ooh ooh, invite him to my party this weekend." Jeno's mouth opens wide as he can't believe he would even suggest it.
"Right. Look Hyuck, you are reading way to much of this. He's a friend, I just met him a few days ago. He's funny and irresistibly cute but literally anyone can see that. I'm not asking him on a date this weekend." Donghyuck smirks and hums.
"Yeah, I uh never said anything about it being a date. I just thought you could invite your new friend so I could meet him." Jeno's cheeks burn.
"No." Is all he says while Donghyuck gets a good laugh.