45

So I guess this is it... 😭
This was one of my favorite stories that I've written. I love the characters so much, it's hard for me to say goodbye but alas it's time.

"This is perfect." Renjun gasps softly.
"Jen, come and look. I think this is the one." Renjun knows exactly what to do to commemorate the anniversary of the day Jeno was hurt. He could tell that Jeno was feeling on edge about it even though he downplayed it and said they should just stay home.
"What do you think?" He walks up and smiles softly. Maybe Renjun was right, maybe doing something is the way to go. Just seeing him with the utter excitement in his smile and eyes is enough to heal every wound. He pulls Renjun into his chest and hugs him softly.
"It's perfect baby. You did well." Renjun huffs and slaps his chest while backing away.
"Stop, I want to know your honest opinion." Jeno smiles and kisses the cute pout off his face.
"I am honest, and it's perfect." Renjun smiles proudly and pulls Jeno up to the counter with him.
After getting their gift wrapped and a small lunch in the mall food court they head for home.
The rest of this day was spent in each other's arms. Warm, soft and peaceful, that's how they would describe it.
"Would you ever want to have kids some day? Like if we were still together and you know, like adopt a kid?" Jeno chuckles.
"You mean, adopt a kid with you? As in we would be it's parents?" Renjun nods shyly and looks down. Jeno chuckles again and pulls him into his lap for a deep kiss.
"So first of all, I don't like how you asked the question. If? If we we're still together? I don't know about you but I plan to spend forever with you." Renjun pouts.
"I would absolutely love to have children with you. I think you would be an amazing dad and perfect husband." Renjun is speechless.
"Hu, husband?" Jeno smiles sweetly.
"Well, yeah. I want to marry you some day, if you would want me to anyway." Renjun leans forward and kisses him deeply.
"Yes I want that too, and kids. I want to do so many things with you." Renjun says with a big smile, Jeno matches it and they kiss softly again.
"Did you know, I recovered well because of you?" Renjun frowns at his out of the blue statement and shakes his head.
"I didn't do anything." Jeno chuckles and kisses his cheek before snuggling into his neck.
"Don't sell yourself short, you did a lot, but that's not what I mean. I talked to my psychiatrist after I recovered because I was struggling with the 'why's'. That bullet hit me directly in the heart." He pauses so Renjun sits up further and wraps his legs around his waist so he can hold him properly.
"She said if I don't believe in a higher power then I have to believe that I had a purpose." He looks at Renjun's eyes, they haven't deviated from his yet.
"My purpose was you, my need to see you again. Touch you again, hear your pretty voice again. Those are the things that motivated me to heal and I know it's true because I feel it, even now." Renjun is speechless as he leans in to kiss his love. It slow and soft and meaningful.
"I love you so much my prince." He finally says softly. Jeno smiles.
"I love you baby."

The following day starts out ok, Jeno is kind of stoic in the way he is going about it. Renjun has their outfits ready as he showers, soon enough he joins him. They spend a lot of time kissing and playing around before Renjun decides they need to get ready.
They both dress handsomely and even now Jeno still questions wether this is a good idea but trusts his baby nonetheless.
They walk hand in hand to the door, Jeno is the one holding the wrapped gift while Renjun is in charge of flowers. Jeno rings the doorbell nervously and looks over to Renjun's smiling face for comfort, which helps immensely. When it opens, it is like a switch is flipped for Jeno. He immediately gets to his knees and holds his arms open as five year old Jisoo runs into them.
"Happy birthday sweetie." He says softly as he hands her a gift.
Renjun smiles softly and has to fight tears, of course he loses in the end and they leak out despite himself.
He hands the flowers to her mom Wendy and greets Yangyang as he walks up too.
Not too long later Haechan and Mark show up as well.
They spend the day celebrating with Jisoo. It was after all her birthday, the day he got shot and on this day Renjun decided that rewriting the narrative and celebrating would be better. Jeno agrees, and so they will do this every year. They make a point to celebrate all her milestones and her mother loves the fact that she got four surrogate fathers out of this.