20

After everyone else left for the day Renjun stayed. They talked and when Jeno felt up to it they would watch a little tv. Renjun held his hand the whole time, just like when he was sleeping, and Jeno wasn't going to complain. When the time came for his mother to arrive, Renjun started to get ready to leave.
"Do you have to go?" Jeno asks quietly, he just nods with a soft smile.
"Your mom will be here soon and I have to take care of the cats." Jeno squeezes his hand.
"I'm glad you've been staying with them but you don't have to sleep on the couch, take my bed." Renjun thinks it over and giggles when Jeno makes a pouty face.
"Ok, fine." He says when he stands.
"Hey, my mom hasn't been bothersome or anything has she?" Renjun chuckles.
"No, she's been really nice." Jeno smiles, clearly relieved. After gathering all of his things he stands by the bed and smiles softly.
"I'm so happy you are awake now, make sure they take good care of you and I'll be here tomorrow after work, I'm going to bring a surprise." Jeno smiles brightly, and Renjun leans down to kiss his forehead like he does every night. Jeno stares into his eyes before whispering.
"Kiss me again?" Renjun, feeling Jeno's stare without even looking, leans down and softly kisses his lips, lingering a little longer this time.
"Goodnight Jeno." He smiles.
"Goodnight." Jeno says softly.
When Renjun gets to the door he sees it's open a crack and notices Jeno's mother waiting outside.
"Good evening Mrs. Lee." He says with a smile as he walks past.

"Oh my baby boy, I'm so relieved. I was so worried about you." Jeno hums.
"Look, I know we had a pretty bad argument before and I know you are sick of my bullshit but after what happened, we can't keep going this way. We need to forgive each other." Jeno scoffs.
"What did I do other than defend myself? You came after me time and again with nonsense. I understand you want grandchildren and I'm so sorry to disappoint but you won't be getting any from me, at least not biological." She smiles softly and pats his arm.
"Good, I'm glad." She says making him frown in confusion.
"In almost losing you I realized that I don't need grandchildren, I don't want you to marry someone that makes you unhappy, besides I really like Renjun. He's perfect for you and he cares so deeply." Jeno is having trouble processing. She laughs.
"I've seen the way he cares for you, the way he makes sure you are taken care of. He spent so much time with you and he even lives at your house so your cats don't get lonely and yes I asked Donghyuck if he was just a homeless person taking advantage and he assured me that he isn't. Jeno I just want my son back, I want to talk with you like I used to, and most of all I'm really sorry for being such an overbearing bitch." Jeno is blinking rapidly in shock.
"Uh, you know we aren't a couple right?" He asks softly. She chuckles.
"Not yet, but from what I walked in on tonight, I could tell there is so much chemistry and sexual tension." Jeno's face is fire red.
"Mom. Stop, I will admit that I like him, a little, ok maybe a lot but I'm also fucking terrified." She nods and sighs.
"I know, I had an ex that messed me up too. Then I met your father and even though I was reluctant in letting him in he made me feel his love in every little thing he did. And if you just open your heart, you will see the same with Renjun." Jeno smiles and opens his arms.
"I'm sorry for holding a grudge, and thank you for this. It means so much."
She stays later into the night than usual and Jeno quite literally falls asleep before she can even hug him goodbye. He tried so hard to stay awake so they could talk but he was exhausted.

The next day he was bored, he knows he has literal weeks left before he can go home and it's already driving him insane. Donghyuck of course stopped by but today was his first day of counseling for the shooting, Jeno's starts tomorrow but sadly it will take place in his hospital bed.
When it's time for Renjun to come he finds himself getting really excited. Renjun had texted earlier in the day saying there was to be a surprise and he has no clue what it is but he can't wait. Of course he's hoping, maybe, slightly, that he can get another kiss. He thinks he's already addicted to his lips which may not be a good thing.
"Come in." He says calmly when he hears a soft knock on the door. He sees Renjun walk in with a big grin on his face and a big duffel bag on his shoulder. He creases his brow.
"Let me guess, you're sleeping over?" Renjun laughs and shakes his head.
"No, but before I show you my surprise I want to say thank you. I slept really good last night." Jeno smiles as he watches him carefully set the bag on the floor before coming up and hugging him. Jeno gives him the look, the one that says "you know you want to" and of course he does. So he leans in and kisses his lips.
"I'm happy you are here, I missed you." Renjun chuckles.
"You're just bored." He looks directly into Renjun's eyes.
"A little, but I did actually miss you, now what did you bring me?" He asks like an impatient kid. Renjun smiles and picks the bag back up and opens the top. He carefully reaches in with both hands and pulls Soul out and sets her on his lap. Jeno immediately pulls her up and snuggles into her fur.
"How's my baby soulie? I missed you baby." Renjun stands back and watches fondly.
"I never even imagined this would be my surprise, thank you." He says touching the side of Renjun's face. Renjun nods and looks around.
"Just don't be too loud or we will get kicked out." Jeno chuckles his eyes radiating his smile making Renjun's heart swell with pride. He knew he would love this.
"I'll bring another tomorrow, I know they've missed you so much." Jeno smiles and continues to cuddle Soul.
"Hey, you should know that my mom and I, we made up. She finally accepted me, I mean it took near death but she realizes that I'm not going to change. So yeah we have forgiven each other." Renjun smiles from ear to ear.
"That is so great." He says with a few tears.
"I'm so happy for you." He leans over Soul and hugs him.
They spend the rest of the night talking and laughing before Renjun has to leave. Over the next few days he brings the others too and it proves to be good for Jeno. The doctors say he's healing well and hopefully soon will be able to go home. His therapy has started and he's doing well. He feels like he will be just fine but things could change with a gun pointed at him so he will have to wait until he's healed more and work on some simulations before he will be cleared for duty.

After a couple more weeks Jeno is thrilled to go home. He's tired of the hospital and he wants to be home with his family and he's happy that Renjun agreed to stay at least another week to make sure everything is ok and after that Donghyuck, Mark and his mother along with Renjun will make sure he has food and that he's good. Although we all know that Renjun will be there the most.