13

Sexy Stripper👮‍♂️: I'm sorry

Renjun reads it right away but doesn't even know what to say.

Sexy stripper👮‍♂️: Will you see me tonight after work? Please?

Again Renjun doesn't answer, he feels hurt beyond what he thought possible. He knew that there was always that chance that Jeno wouldn't find him attractive but he really had hoped. His office friends all notice he is down but no one wants to ask, until finally Jaemin comes to him.
"What's wrong bubby? You look so sad today." Renjun looks at his phone again.
"It's complicated." Jaemin smiles.
"Try me." Renjun sighs.
"Well you know my friend? My husband?" Jaemin nods with a smile.
"He kind of saw me naked last night, not
Like all of me but enough." Jaemin is choking.
"We were at the gym. I fell in the shower and hurt my ankle and he helped me. He was so sweet and carried me wherever I needed to go, massaged my ankle and even tucked me in and kissed my head. Then this morning he was at my apartment to drive me to work so I wouldn't have to walk to the bus stop, he bought me coffee and doughnuts and everything. He was so sweet." Jaemin smiles softly with a far away look in his eyes.
"But then I apologized if I made things weird last night, what with the whole naked thing and he said it wasn't weird, just difficult. I'm so embarrassed and hurt that he would think that, I like him, and I thought maybe he liked me back but I think he's repulsed by me." Jaemin sits with a thoughtful look on his face.
"No, I don't think he would say something like that and mean it in that way." He says.
"How would you know?" Renjun asks.
"W-well, by the way you talk about him, and the things he did for you. I really doubt he means anything bad." Renjun purses his lips and shows Jemin the texts.
"See him, he texted you over an hour ago and I'd be willing to bet he's very upset right now." Renjun hums.
"I'm so embarrassed though." He opens his phone again and contemplates what to say.
"I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding."

Cutie🦊: ok text me or something later.

Sexy stripper 👮‍♂️: thank you

He got back right away.
"See, he was waiting for you to respond, now do I want to know why you call him stripper? Is he?" He asks shocked. Renjun chuckles.
"No. It was just a funny thing that happened." Jaemin nods and Renjun thanks him for talking to him.

When he gets out of work he still hasn't gotten a text from Jeno so he just decides to head  toward the bus stop. He pauses when he sees him standing in uniform, right by the entrance to his building. He looks down with red cheeks and walks slowly toward him.
Jeno takes his hand and leads him to the side of the building.
"Hey." He says nervously.
"Hi." Renjun responds.
"Look, this is hard for me, for a lot of reasons but I need you to know that I did not mean anything bad by what I said. I just, fuck." He takes a deep breath. He can hear his partner calling him back to the car but he needs to get this out.
"I have to go.
Renjun, I need to tell you that I think you are really, I think you are beautiful and that's the only reason it was difficult, my attraction to you is what made it difficult so please don't be mad? I have to go." He says as he looks over his shoulder. He reaches up and cups Renjun's warm cheeks before he leans in and softly kisses the corner of his mouth.
"I'll see you later ok?" He asks softly as he backs away, Renjun can only nod as he is completely stunned by this. He watches as he responds into his walkie-talkie and runs full force toward the car. He sighs happily and walks to the bus station with the biggest smile he's had in a long time. He can't get over the feeling of his lips on his own, even if it was small it meant a lot.
He spends his time at home fretting over what is to happen later. Will they be just like before? Will Jeno confess his undying love? Or maybe just that he likes him a little? Will it be weird? Should he make him dinner or plan to go to basketball? After hours of going over things he finally decides to text and ask.

Cutie🦊: are we going to the gym later?

He hits send and goes to lay down for a while, to keep his mind clear.

When he wakes up hours later he checks his phone and sees no response. It's already an hour past the time they would normally meet. He frowns and tries to call only to get no response.
He waits.
By 2:30 AM he feels like he was stood up. It's a weird and uncomfortable feeling. Why would he say something like that then not text back?

Cutie🦊: good night. I hope you are ok

He goes to bed and tosses and turns for quite a while before he finally falls asleep.
The next day at work he is trying to keep it together, he really meant what he said when he told Jeno he didn't think he could survive without seeing him.

"Renjun? You look like shit." Yangyang says when he's walking by his desk.
"Gee thanks." He says dripping with sarcasm. Yangyang leans over the side of his partition.
"Is everything ok?" He asks with what Renjun can tell is actual concern. He sighs and rubs his face.
"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude but it's personal. Thank you for the concern though." He smiles half heartedly and goes back to his computer.
He makes it through the whole work day, but barely. He sadly heads home with still no word from Jeno.

Cutie🦊: I'm worried about you. Please just text me and tell me you're ok?

He waits up until two thirty again with no response.