43

The following day Jeno wakes with Renjun still clinging tightly to him. He won't complain. He strokes his back softly and kisses the top of his head. He takes this time to sneak a peak at his healing scars and thanks the gods that he has fully stopped. It may only be temporary but it's something.
After laying there for quite a while he wiggles out of his hold. He had to shove a pillow in his arms so he wouldn't be lonely, this made it harder for him to leave his side.
"So cute." He says softly to himself. He washes up and relieves himself before he goes out to make breakfast for the both of them. He quietly prepares the things he needs until he hears the doorbell ring. He practically runs to it, not wanting Renjun to wake up.
He is surprised to see Jaehyun standing there and ushers him in.
"Come in, Renjun is still asleep." He whispers as he closes the door behind him.
"I won't be long. I went into the office this morning to get my laptop and found this in the chair you were sitting in last night." He hands him his phone with a small smile.
"Oh my god, thank you. I had no clue where I even left it." He puts it in his pocket as Jaehyun gets ready to leave.
"Have a good weekend." He says as he takes his leave.
Jeno walks back to the kitchen and leans back against the counter and opens his messages, seeing he had a lot from his boyfriend. He starts at the beginning, which isn't bad but the further down it goes he can see just how much anguish the other was in the night before, it's almost too reminiscent of when he was hurt. He wipes a few tears then he venture's to listen to the voicemails. It breaks his heart when he hears just how scared he was.
After a couple minutes to collect himself he finishes the breakfast he started. He is only slightly surprised that Renjun hasn't woke up yet, he knew he was exhausted when they went to bed last night though.
After everything is done and he shuts off the stove he goes to the bedroom and stands in the door just watching him sleep peacefully, still snuggled into the pillow. He walks over and crawls on top of him kissing his face relentlessly until he starts to stir.
"Wake up baby, breakfast time." He says softly in his ear before he continues to assault him with his lips. When he finally opens his eyes his smile forms immediately.
"Good morning Jen." He says puckering his lips, Jeno wastes no time in giving him what he wants. He doesn't stop, the kiss deepens until he slides his tongue in. Renjun protests at first then quickly gives in.
"Why did you do that? I have morning breath." He says with a giggle. Jeno smiles widely.
"Because I love you so much that I don't care about that." He kisses his face and neck some more before Renjun stops him.
"I really have to pee, then I can brush my teeth and we can continue?" He questions. Jeno shakes his head no making him pout.
"After you do that come out and have breakfast with me. Then we are going to cuddle, then we are going on a mid day date, then we will come back here and cuddle some more and only then we can finish what we started." Jeno says cutely. Renjun smiles and pecks his lips.
"We're going on a date? I can't wait, I love you." Jeno smiles and pecks his lips again.
"I love you baby." He says before finally allowing him to get up.
When he gets to the table he sees French toast and scrambled eggs. Jeno pours their coffee and sits right next to him and kisses his cheek making him smile.
"You are being so sweet today." Renjun sighs with a happy smile.
"I wanted to treat you nice today." Renjun smiles and snuggles into his side.
"I love it." He says softly.
After they finish their breakfast and cuddling they get ready to go. Of course Jeno won't tell him what he has planned but that's ok, Renjun trusts that he's in good hands.
He finds them walking along the pier and his curiosity is peaked. He watches all the people in line as they walk up.
"What are they doing?" Jeno smiles.
"I imagine they are buying tickets." He grabs Renjun's hand and pulls him along toward the front of the line and pulls his phone out of his pocket. He shows it to the ticket person before ascending the ramp onto a fishing vessel. Renjun has a frown on his face and Jeno doesn't like it.
"What's wrong baby?" Renjun looks at him with a puzzled expression.
"Where did you find your phone?" Jeno smiles.
"Jaehyun brought it by this morning, apparently I left it in his office." Renjun nods and half smiles.
"So is this date just a pity thing? Like you feel bad for last night? You know guilt?" Jeno frowns and opens his phone and shows him the ticket purchase.
"I bought these on Monday, if Jae wouldn't have brought my phone we wouldn't be here. You told me once that you wanted to try fishing so I thought we could today." He smiles widely as he watches Renjun's face morph into child like happiness.
"I'm sorry. I just wouldn't want you to do this out of guilt because I don't blame you for that last night and I don't want you to feel bad about it anymore." Jeno hugs him.
"I listened to your messages, and I'm still sorry you had to go through that. I love you baby, now let's catch some fish." Renjun smiles happily and they walk to where the guides are to learn what to do.
They spend the next few hours failing and succeeding together. Jeno held Renjun's waist pretending to keep him on the boat when he reeled in his first big fish making him laugh the whole time. They ended up catching a few each, the fishing service cleaned them up and packaged them to take home.
"That was so much fun, thank you." Renjun says kissing the back of Jeno's hand as they drive home.
"It was fun, I'm glad you enjoyed it." Renjun smiles and looks out the window.
"Let's go to the store and get some things to cook with our fresh fish." Renjun says excitedly, Jeno only nods and heads that direction with a soft smile on his face.
They spend the evening cooking and laughing, then eating a delicious meal.
After the dishes are done Jeno makes Renjun's favorite tea for the two of them, he walks in seeing Renjun petting Soul in his lap and smiles softly.
"You know, I'm so glad you liked my kids or this never would have worked." Renjun chuckles softly and accepts his tea. Jeno scoots as close as possible.
"I loved seeing you happy today, I love your happy smile." Renjun says softly as he moves from the cat to petting Jeno's hair instead. Jeno smiles softly then kisses his cheek.
" I love that too, when the sparkles dance in your eyes when you laugh. It's like a drug to me." Renjun sets his tea down and cups Jeno's cheeks.
"I love you." He says before he leans in a kisses him on the lips. Jeno is quick to reciprocate and pulls Renjun into his lap, forcing soul to have to find a new spot to sit. It isn't rushed or heated, just love filled.
"Are we the cheesiest couple to exist?" Jeno asks chuckling.
"Definitely." Renjun says cutely.
They end up cuddling as usual after making love on the couch. Renjun got too excited and needed him then and there. It was as euphoric as any other experience with each other.
"We should go to bed my prince." Renjun whispers into the ear of his sleepy boyfriend.
"I know, will you wash me first?" Renjun giggles and untangles himself.
"Yes baby, let's go." Jeno pouts.
"But you are my baby." He says cutely.
"Yes but right now you are being a baby." Jeno smiles cutely and doesn't argue as Renjun helps him to the shower. True to his word he washes him, then himself before ushering his sleepy policeman to bed.
"Good night baby." He says with a soft smile as Renjun cuddles into him.
"Good night prince Jeno."