10

On Monday Renjun finally got up his courage. He almost told Jeno last night but decided to wait until he heard something.
When he notices his email notification he holds his breath. He slowly opens the inbox to see the email he was waiting for. He clicks the tab and quickly shuts his eyes. He slowly opens one eye to see exactly what he was hoping for.
"Jaemin, oh my god Jaemin." He says excitedly as he fast walks to his desk.
After telling all of his friends he couldn't wait to tell Jeno but of course he wants to do it in person.
"We should celebrate. Mark, you come with us? We'll go out and eat and have a few drinks?" Jaemin asks. Both agree and so right after work they get into a cab and head to a restaurant for chicken and beer.
They spend a couple hours talking and laughing like good friends do. Mark was the first to leave since he was already getting drunk. They called him a cab and sent him home. Renjun starts walking to the nearest convenience store after they see him off.
"I need to get a few things at the store before I go home." Jaemin follows along.
"Me too." He says. Jaemin smiles the whole way behind Renjun's back. He's so happy for his friend, in his mind he only deserves the best.
Renjun combs the isles for a few snacks for himself and Jeno and some for the cats. He really hopes Jeno will be up for a celebration. When he rounds the corner of the isle he sees a tall handsome policeman standing there looking through the sandwiches. He of course immediately knows who it is and excitedly runs up setting his basket down before accosting him with a hug.
"What?" Jeno says as he looks down at the body wrapped around his middle. Renjun gets embarrassed and looks around.
"Sorry, I shouldn't do that to you in public." He says quietly. Jeno chuckles and lifts his chin with his finger.
"I don't mind, really. I was just shocked to be hugged out of the blue in the convenience store. What's going on?" He asks softly. Renjun's excitement comes back full force as he can't help but jump up and down.
"I submitted my works to the art department and I got a promotion! I'm no longer going to be a boring accountant." His excitement finally rubs off on Jeno and he can't help himself. He picks him up by the waist and twirls him around, Renjun clutches on with all his strength around his neck so he doesn't fall and giggles the whole time.
When he finally stops Renjun squeezes harder for good measure.
"Will you let me come over tonight and celebrate?" He asks in his ear as he's still holding him up. He pulls back and looks in his doe like eyes and smiles as he softly lets him down.
"Of course. I'm so proud of you." He says touching his cheek. It kind of hits him all at once how intimate he is being and he slowly backs off.
"Ooh ooh, wait my friend is here, I want you to meet him." He looks down all of the aisles and doesn't see him. He frowns at the fact that he just left him without saying goodbye. He grabs his phone to text him and sees that he had already texted that he thought he left his wallet in the restaurant.
"He would forget his head if it wasn't attached." He says as he walks up to Jeno.
"He had to leave, maybe next time." Jeno smiles softly and nods.
"I should go, I have to get back on patrol. Should I pick you up for the gym later?" Renjun nods excitedly.
"Congratulations, I really am so proud." Jeno says backing out of the store, forgetting the whole reason he was in there. He looks at his squad car and sees Donghyuck on the phone and remembers. He walks back in slightly embarrassed.
"I forgot the food." He said quietly as he passed a giggling Renjun.
Donghyuck of course doesn't mention that he saw the whole thing when Jeno comes to the car with the biggest smile he's ever seen.
Renjun texts Jaemin that he's going to just get a cab from there and head home and Jaemin agrees to just leave from the restaurant.

When Jeno picks him up he carefully sets the bag of snacks in the back seat and gets in. He flashes Jeno a big grin and his happiness is so contagious that it isn't long before they are both smiling on the way to the gym. They decide to just play around and shoot some hoops for fun. Of course Jeno makes more than him but he still makes some baskets so he's definitely improving.
"You know?" Renjun says between Jeno's shooting.
"Hmm?" Jeno responds.
"Tonight was the first time I ever saw you in your uniform.." Renjun says dribbling the ball.
"Oh yeah?" Jeno asks with a smirk.
"I'll just say that you look nice in it." Jeno chuckles.
"Nice?" He teases.
"Ok, you look hot in it." Renjun says regretting he ever brought it up. Jeno giggles but secretly loves the compliment, he plays it cool though.
"Well tonight was the first night I got to see you in a suit, and your not so bad yourself." He says to a red faced Renjun.
"Are you ready to go?" Jeno asks him as he is still battling his heated face. He kind of wishes he didn't bring up the uniform but he was going to try to tease him and it backfired completely. He nods and throws his ball in the bin before he heads to the shower.
When Jeno gets in he knocks on his stall, startling him.
"Are you upset?" He asks, concerned that he went too far. Renjun internally melts at his sweetness.
"I'm ok. Lets just hurry. I'm excited to see Nal." He says cutely. Jeno smiles and heads to quickly shower too.

When they get to his place Renjun doesn't wait for him this time, he goes in and sees Nal laying on her bed and goes to her right away.
"Can I hold her?" He asks. Jeno smiles softly to himself.
"Of course." When he rounds the corner to see him cradling her like a baby, rocking back and forth and kissing her head he wants to propose then and there.
"I'm so glad she's back." He says softly. He hands Jeno the bag of snacks.
"There is something for the babies in there and us, I hope you have beer or something?" Jeno smiles brightly and goes to take care of everything while Renjun cuddles Nal with Bongsik joining soon after, at least until they hear the cans of food opening and just like that they disappear. Renjun giggles and waits patiently for Jeno.
They spend the night talking and giggling and drinking, a lot.
When Renjun wakes up the next morning on top of Jeno, he's surprised but not at the same time. He wiggles a little to get up so he can see what exactly is going on when Jeno's arms wrap around his middle.
"You're warm, don't leave." Renjun giggles making Jeno open his eyes. From his point of view he sees Renjun's cute face in front of his own and he's holding him tightly.
"Shit, sorry." He says as he lets go. Renjun laughs harder as he untangles himself.
"I think we drank too much. I should probably call work and say I'm sick or something." Jeno smiles and nods.
"Do it then we can watch a movie or two before I have to work." Renjun smiles.
"Deal, I don't start my new position until next week so it's ok." He giggles then puts on a serious tone to fake sick for his bosses. It's difficult with Jeno giggling in the background but he manages.
"Wait. You aren't getting sick of me are you? People tend to get sick of me." Renjun asks making Jeno frown.
"Are you joking? Why would I or anyone get sick of you?" He asks incredulously. Renjun looks down sadly.
"Don't be angry, I'm sorry. I just don't want to be a burden." Jeno can't wipe the frown off his face as he stands.
"You want to know what makes me angry?" He asks Renjun who just looks at him.
"People who would make you feel like you are a burden. You don't make me angry, you make me happy. So please stay and spend the day with me." Renjun smiles softly.
"Ok. But if you ever want me to leave don't hesitate to ask." Jeno just sighs and holds his hand down for Renjun to get off the floor.
"Come on, I have a new toothbrush in here, let's clean up.
Jeno walks in first absentmindedly taking his shirt off before he leans over the sink to wash his face. He thinks nothing of it until he hears Renjun enter and cough nervously.
"Sorry. I usually take it off so I don't get it wet when I wash my face." He quickly grabs his shirt and puts it on but it's too late, Renjun has decided it's better than he imagined and that it's going to be a long day.