22

After a whole weekend of silence Donghyuck was excited to check on his friend. So on Monday afternoon after getting off work, he heads straight over. Today was his first full day back and as per protocol he has to be on desk duty for a while before getting back into it. He knocks on the door loudly after standing there for too long, he tries calling. He doesn't remember Jeno having an appointment today but he's not answering the phone either. He has a spare key in his pocket so he decides to just check. It's dark and quiet, too quiet. He switches on the lamp and notices that it looks mostly clean,not lived in anyway.
"Jeno? Where are you guys?" He knocks on the bedroom door, he doesn't want to walk in on anything after getting a text On Friday that Jeno and Renjun were spending the weekend alone. Of course he was so happy for this progression in their relationship.
He slowly opens the door figuring Renjun is probably at work anyway to find it dark and frankly kind of smelly.
"Jeno, what's going on?" He asks as he switches on the lamp.
"You look like shit, what happened?" He doesn't respond just gives a blank stare.
"Should I call Renjun and ask him?" This makes him look at Donghyuck.
"Just leave it." Donghyuck looks around suspiciously.
"When was the last time you've eaten?" Jeno looks at the wall.
"With him." He says quietly.
"Which was?" The other asks nervously.
"Thursday night." He whispers.
"Fuck! What the fuck are you doing? You can't take your meds on an empty, wait." He gets up and goes to the bathroom where Renjun keeps his pill sorter on the counter and sees he hasn't taken any all weekend.
He walks back in looking at the pale lifeless man and shakes his head.
"You fucking asshole! You lied to me, why the fuck did you lie?" Jeno starts to cry for what feels like the millionth time since he crushed Renjun.
"I want to die, I deserve to die a slow painful death." Donghyuck is beyond pissed.
"After all we went through? This is the end? Really? You what, had an argument and now life as we know it is over? You selfish son of a bitch, we fucking sat by your bedside praying for you to recover because we fucking love you. What the fuck is so bad that you want to fucking die?" Jeno cries harder.
"I'll be right back, get your shit together. You have some explaining to do." He goes into the kitchen and heats up some soup broth and tea. He needs to take his pills and from the looks of things he's probably dehydrated too. He also grabs a bottle of water and goes into the room where he finds him weakly sitting against his headboard. He hands him the water first which is gone in seconds. Then he hands him the soup and goes to get his pills. After he finally had this in him he sips his tea before starting to explain.
"Thursday we were great, we were kissing and it went further than it ever has and we, did some stuff." Jeno has never been one to like talking about personal things so this is hard for him. Donghyuck sighs.
"Ok, for the sake of my understanding and the fact that we need this to happen soon please just elaborate." He says kind of impatiently.
"He asked me to touch him so I did, it was just a simple hand job and then he turned around and gave me uh, you know." He says embarrassed.
"He sucked your dick?" Jeno weakly hits his arm but nods anyway.
"Then I fell asleep while he was in the shower, but I had a nightmare." He starts to cry again, reliving the horrible feelings of that morning.
"I could see him lying on his back with someone else fucking him and it fucking ripped me open. I tried to stop him, I tried to go to them and pull them apart but it was that same worthless horrible feeling from years ago." He takes a few deep breaths as Donghyuck just listens quietly.
"When I woke up I knew, I knew it was only a dream but I was still angry at him, I couldn't even look at him. I fucking new better but I fucking couldn't do it. He tried, he was so f-fucking sweet and tried to help me even though the whole time I was blaming him in my head. Then I told him he should go back to his place, I told him he was smothering me." He puts his head down as Donghyuck looks up to the ceiling in frustration.
"You have to fix this, you can't leave it like this." Donghyuck says with a nervous edge to his voice.
"I can't, he will never forgive me. I preyed on his weakness. I hit him where it would hurt the most and he will never see me again, this is why I want to die." Donghyuck shakes his head.
"Yeah well, fuck you. You made your bed you fucking lay in it. Fucking fix it." Donghyuck stands and calls Mark while pacing the floor.
"Hi baby." Mark says cutely.
"Hi, listen we are kind of in a crisis right now. How is Renjun? Has he been at work? How is he emotionally?" Donghyuck asks. Mark hums and thinks back.
"Well now that he's in that new department I don't see him much but he's been neutral? I guess. Like he's normally bubbly but if he's angry or sad it's written on his face. He's not really showing anything though. He was kind of lifeless when we all had lunch together." Donghyuck sighs as he watches Jeno hitting his chest.
"Stop. You are going to fuck everything up." He yells making Mark question him.
"Can you go to his house and check on him, call him anything? Jeno and him had a bad fight and I'll tell you more later, I'm just worried, he needs friends right now." Mark agrees and hangs up right away.
Donghyuck notices Jeno trying but failing to get up and goes to help him.
"As soon as you can stand on your feet again you need to sort this out." Jeno nods but doesn't say anything as he's helped into the bathroom.
"I think you need to talk to your ex. Find out why he did what he did. Maybe if you understand this it will be easier to trust that Renjun isn't the same person." Jeno shakes his head.
"I know he isn't, I just I don't know." Donghyuck hugs him from the side then steps back.
"Just try it, anything at this point to help you move on would be beneficial." Jeno nods and pees while Donghyuck stays in there to make sure he don't fall over.
"I'm ordering us some pizza ok? You need more food in you." Jeno just sighs and finishes up. Donghyuck helps him to the couch and opens the curtains.
"When was the last time you fed your cats?" He asks going into the kitchen to feed them.
"Not since yesterday morning, they are probably starving. Fuck I'm sorry babies." He says crying.
"It's ok, they are fine." Donghyuck says. They all run from their spots that they love to sleep and go to their dishes.
When he comes back in to sit by him he notices Jeno touching a spot on his shoulder and pulls his shirt down to see it. He sees a small bruise and teeth marks.
"Damn he bit you good." He says with a chuckle.
"It was fucking hot, fuck I miss him so much. What did I do?" He cries again and Donghyuck knows it's going to be a long night.