6

For Renjun, he spends his nights with an amazing person, then he finds himself at work with his friends and coworkers and his crush. In his heart he knows that whatever those feelings were before, they were fleeting. He's unsure if there is anything there anymore but it's not an easy thing to admit out loud.
He misses Jeno when they aren't together and wonders what he is doing. He doesn't even think of Yangyang that way and to his recollection, he never did.

Coach🏀: how's work? Did you finish the picture yet?

Renjun smiles widely as he reads it.

Cutie🦊: it will be done by tonight, I hope you like it.

Coach🏀: I'm sure I will. I can't wait, I hope you were able to get enough of Bongsik. 🙄

Renjun laughs cutely and stares at his phone, he doesn't realize yet that most of the office have noticed the change in him and most people think it's nice.

Cutie🦊: we're bff's now. I guess I'm going to have to come everyday just to see him.

Now Jeno has to try to hide a giggle but with no success. Donghyuck just smiles to himself.

Coach🏀: of course, you wouldn't want to break his little heart.

Renjun giggles again before getting back to work. He tries with little success to wipe the grin off his face and Jaemin notices and of course will not leave it alone.
"So how's the husband?" Jaemin jokes, making Renjun slap his arm.
"He's fine." Renjun says then gets completely flustered when he realizes he fell into Jaemin's trap.
"Ohhh, yeah. I knew it." He laughs loudly, making others turn their heads.
"I didn't mean that. But if you are talking about my friend he's doing well." Jaemin smiles softly.
"Ok but like how are we feeling about said friend? Huh? You spend an awful lot of time with him?" Renjun sighs with a small smile.
"I don't know, I think I'm starting to like him." Jaemin pats his back.
"Good, I already like him better than Yangyang." He whispers. Renjun doesn't argue like usual and just nods.
His day goes on, busy as usual. He gets an idea and wants to put his plans in motion but will wait until after tonight. He's feeling a lot more confident in himself and it is in large part, thanks to Jeno.

When he gets a call from Jeno that he is there he grabs his sketchbook and one special envelope and hurries down.
"Hi." He says catching his breath.
"Hi." Jeno says with a slight nervous edge to his voice and Renjun unfortunately notices.
"Is everything ok?" He asks concerned. Jeno nods and looks out the window.
"So uh, a friend of mine is having a party tomorrow, I was wondering if you would like to come with me?" Jeno asks bravely. Renjun is stunned, and unsure. Is he asking for a date or as friends? Is it weird to ask?
"I uh, I would like to but." He just remembered his obligation for this weekend and pouts.
"I'm sorry, my friend invited me to meet his fiancé tomorrow and I already said yes." Jeno smiles softly.
"No problem." He says while looking in his mirrors to take off. To say they are both disappointed would be an understatement. For Jeno, finding the courage to even ask was monumental for him and even though Renjun seems like he legitimately has previous plans, he still has doubts. He tries not to dwell on anything though because he doesn't want to feel sad, especially when he gets to be with him right now.
Renjun is sitting with an angry pout, Jeno can't even look in his direction to see it because if he did he would surely think it's cute.
Why did Mark ask him this weekend? Of all times. He's upset that he missed an opportunity to go with him wether it was a date or not.
The ride was a quieter than usual but not too bad. Renjun was afraid, he really hoped that Jeno isn't hurt because he said no, but then he questions why he would care even.

"You're doing so well, you probably won't need me much longer huh?" Jeno says after Renjun makes another basket. They have been at it for an hour, trying from various spots up close to the hoop. Renjun giggles before getting serious.
"I still have two more weeks before we play, and I'm not letting you go until then." He says confidently until he realizes what he said and his face goes red.
"I-uh, I mean, I'm sorry. That sounded really bossy and you never said how long you would help me so I shouldn't just assume." He's rambling on nervously making Jeno laugh.
"You just be thankful that I like you, or we wouldn't be here now." He says sternly, Renjun pouts and looks down sadly.
"I'm sorry." He says in a whisper and Jeno can see actual tears forming.
"What? No, don't cry. I was kidding Renjun. Not about the liking you thing because I wouldn't be here if I didn't but I wasn't upset at all. You can have me for as long as you need." Renjun looks up wiping his eyes.
"Sorry, I sometimes, when I'm sleepy I get really emotional." He takes Jenos hand and pulls him toward the showers.
"Let's go now, I think I'm too tired and I have a gift for you." Jeno smiles softly and follows him but not before grabbing his bag.

They end up going to Jeno's again even though Renjun feels bad for Jeno having to take him home every time. Jeno doesn't mind though, he likes having him in his home, it feels nice having another person with him, especially Renjun. They walk silently to his apartment door, Jeno waits for him to go in first. He does his thing and again Renjun watches, Jeno smiles out of sight. Renjun's cuteness is overwhelming sometimes.
"Tea?" He questions, watching Renjun nod nervously. He heats the water and feeds the cats, he watches as Renjun crouches down and pets them softly. Each one coming to him for a little nudge or a pet, Jeno can't help but wish this was his life. He of course slaps himself in the face, wondering why he would even think that way about someone he has only known for a week. He snaps out of his daze when he hears Renjun laughing from the floor. He looks down with his eyebrow raised in question. When Renjun sees his face he looks away quickly, he's too attractive like that.
"What's so funny?" Jeno asks as he sets the dishes down on the floor.
"Sorry, it was funny that you slapped yourself." Renjun says with a giggle.
"Oh, I uh think I forgot to file a report today? Uh I'll have to check it tomorrow." He says lying badly, but Renjun won't question it.
"Can I see it yet?" Jeno asks, getting antsy. Renjun nods and holds his hand up so Jeno can help him off the floor. When he's standing with his hand still in Jeno's soft but firm grip he swallows thickly. Jeno notices he hasn't let go and drops his hand quickly. He goes over and gets the tea and brings it to the couch wordlessly.
Renjun hands him the envelope and he carefully pulls out a beautiful sketch of his precious babies. He notices he did this one a little differently then the others, with the cats being the main focal point and he loves it.
"Wow, it's beautiful. You are so good." Renjun smiles proudly.
"I'm so glad you like it, keep it." He says softly.
"Really? Thank you, I thought you liked to keep your drawings in there." He says pointing to the sketch book on the table. Renjun nods.
"Oh I do, I just made an extra one so I could give you one too." Jeno smiles his precious eye smile, warming every part of Renjun.
"Can I see the other one?" He asks.
"No." He says shaking his head.
"It's only a rough draft for now, I don't want anyone to see it yet." Jeno nods and respects his boundaries with no further pressure.
They make small talk, Renjun finding himself letting his tea get cold as he takes really small sips so that he doesn't have to leave right away. Jeno is in no hurry either.
This night, when they get to Renjun's Jeno gets out of the car too. Renjun cocks his head to the side cutely, much like a puppy would, making Jeno smile softly. He walks up and hugs him then kisses his forehead, lingering for a few seconds.
"Thank you for the drawing." He whispers. Renjun nods quickly and steps away.
"You're welcome. Good night." He says softly.
As Renjun walks to his apartment he can still feel Jeno's lips on his forehead, much like Jeno can still feel the other on his lips.