5

This night when Jeno gets to Renjun's he runs out, not forgetting his sketch pad. Jeno smiles and waves as he quickly runs up to the car.
"Hi." He says breathless.
"You didn't have to run, I will wait for you." Jeno says sweetly. Renjun smiles.
"I know." He says.
They make small talk about work all the way to the gym and Renjun tells him how happy he was to hit the pillow today.
At the gym Jeno shows Renjun a few warm ups before they start.
Today he takes him through his form again and has him work on a few up close shots. He grabs his waist gently and positions him, both have to ignore the feelings it's giving them. He touches his arms and hands, even his fingers to put them in place.
"Now shoot." He says in his ear. He does and much to his surprise, it goes in. He whips around and jumps into Jeno's arms as Jeno spins him excitedly.
"That's my first one ever." He says happily as Jeno sets him down.
"You'll be a pro in no time." Jeno says before he shoots one himself.
They only spend an hour and a half there because Renjun really wants to draw his cats.
"Come on you can shower at the same time." Renjun says, surprising the other.
"We've been to each other's houses and I ride in your car all the time, I have no reason not to trust you." Jeno nods and follows him in.
"You never mentioned that I'm a police officer, sworn to protect and serve." Renjun laughs.
"Yeah, not all cops are like that." Now Jeno laughs as well.
They each go to a cubicle and shower quickly.
On the ride to Jeno's, Renjun is excitedly talking about the three baskets he made in total. Jeno is proud of all of his efforts and can't help but think he's cute when he's excited.
When they arrive Jeno does his normal routine and Renjun watches just like before, only this time the gun doesn't scare him. Jeno can feel him watching and doesn't really mind. He would be interested to know why but he'll wait for another time to ask. This time though he doesn't follow into his room, he helps himself to start water for tea and even takes the canned food out of the cupboards and gets them ready. He doesn't want to overstep too much so he stops there and waits for Jeno. He comes out and thanks Renjun for getting things ready and feeds his cats.
"Where would you like to draw them?" He asks grabbing some tea bags.
"We can wait until they are done. Do you want to see some of my other drawings?" Jeno nods excitedly and follows Renjun to the couch. He slowly flips the pages in awe at the detail, sometimes the focal point was reversed and it was amazing. There would be a beautiful flower garden but the main focal point was actually the gum wrapper on the ground.
"Wow, these are beautiful." He says in awe, making Renjun blush.
"You really think so?" He flips the page, gently again and smiles.
"They are so pretty, I love them. You really should show these in a gallery or something." Renjun hits his arm softly.
"Stop." Jeno notices the cute blush painting his cheeks and wants to squish them but of course he would never.
He finishes and sets it down in front of Renjun just as the cats start to make an appearance.
"Can you hold them? It doesn't have to be at the same time but I need to see their patterns and such." Jeno quickly agrees and grabs Nal, the first one to appear. He puts her in his lap and pets her so she calms. He watches Renjun's tongue poke out the corner of his mouth as he focuses and literally with everything he does, Jeno thinks he can't get any cuter.
When Renjun finishes with the second cat, Soul, Jeno gets up to capture Bongsik but he isn't having it and runs away. Renjun is in an uncontrollable fit of giggles as he watches. Jeno just sighs as he watches Renjun walk up softly and pick him up. He hands him to Jeno and he sits with a pout and Renjun giggles again.
"Bongsikie you're supposed to be my buddy." He says in a cute voice that Renjun quite literally thinks his heart may have stopped. Of course the smaller can't wipe the look of fond off his face which makes Jeno realize what he did. His face turns a deep shade of red as he sets the cat down and goes to clear their cups making Renjun chuckle. He draws a little more then shuts his book.
"I should go home now." He says with a pout. Jeno's house may seem cold and modern when you look at the decor but with him sitting on the couch, with the cats doing their thing, it feels warm and homey, Nice and not lonely.
"Did you finish?" Jeno asks wanting to see it. Renjun shakes his head.
"I have some more shading to do then you can see it tomorrow." Jeno hums and stands to grab his keys. Renjun says goodbye to the cats before following Jeno out.
The ride home is filled with useless small talk that both enjoy so much. Neither realize just how lonely they are, alone in their homes. Both are longing deep down for a greater human connection but they don't even realize it.
When they pull up in front of his building he sighs.
"Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow." Renjun says with pouty lips. Jeno smiles warmly, trying to disguise the fact that he really wants to kiss him. He squeezes the steering wheel and smiles all while holding himself down, metaphorically speaking anyway.
"Good night." Jeno says watching him close the door and walk away. Jeno sighs and heads for home.

The next day Jeno is struggling, he really wants, no needs advise about his problem but he's afraid to ask Donghyuck. When he finally does get the courage, Donghyuck can sense his nervousness.
"I need help." Donghyuck smiles.
"Let me guess, the friend named cutie in your phone is stealing your heart and you don't know what to do?" Jeno sighs and looks down.
"Basically." He says quietly. Donghyuck almost jumps out of the car.
"What? I'm right? That never fucking happens." Jeno whines.
"This is really serious." He says playing with the snap that holds his gun in place inside the holster.
"I know, just tell me everything and I'll try to help." He says softly. He doesn't know everything but he knows that Jeno has been hurt before and has a hard time trusting people enough to just give away his heart.
"He's cute and small, and sweet and smart, and talented. He loves my cats, we can talk about anything and everything at any time and I can't get enough." He pauses for a breath and looks out the window.
"I find myself wanting to kiss him, we're not even dating. We are literally friends, he likes someone else even." Donghyuck scrunches his nose at that.
"Shit, this is tough. How long have you known him?" Jeno starts laughing like a madman making Donghyuck question his sanity.
"If you count the night he stayed over then, five days."Donghyuck gasps.
"Wait he stayed the night at your house?" Jeno purses his lips.
"We were literally up all night talking." Donghyuck gives him the big doe eyes and makes an awe sound.
"That is even sweeter, oh my god your in love." Jeno shakes his head and looks away.
"And this is why I didn't want to tell you. I'm being serious, I don't know what to do?" His partner pats him on the shoulder.
"I don't have a solid answer, just go with the flow and keep being yourself and if it's meant to be it will be. Don't force it but don't push it away either." Jeno sighs again.
"I know, it's just that after the asshole, I was fine being single and alone but since I've met him, I never want him to leave my side." Donghyuck pats his arm again.
"Not everyone cheats." Jeno nods and sighs just as they are called to a traffic accident.