32

On a lazy Saturday afternoon Renjun finds himself snuggled into Jeno's side, almost sleeping. After a few rounds from the night before the smaller is feeling a little sore and tired but he honestly loves it. Regardless Jeno insisted they spend the day doing not much of anything so he could rest up, it was enough of a chore for Renjun to come to his house. That alone prompted a nap, but they had to come for the cats.
"What should I bring?" Renjun asks softly as his voice is quickly fading into sleepiness.
"Bring where? Here?" Renjun nods.
"Hmm, the only thing I need you to bring is yourself." Renjun slaps his chest playfully with a smile gracing his lips.
"Bring everything you want. This is your home now too and you need to add your personality to the place." Jeno kisses the top of his head.
"What happens if you get sick of me? What if you can't live with my annoying habits?" Jenos scoffs.
"What annoying habits?" Renjun hums.
"I don't know, that could be different for everyone. I sometimes break out into song, just at random." Jeno smiles softly and plays with his hair.
"You have a beautiful voice." He says just as soft, making Renjun's cheeks heat up.
"What's my most annoying habit?" Jeno asks. Renjun ponders for a minute.
"You don't have any." Jeno chuckles.
"Neither do you baby." Renjun laughs lightly as he starts to drift to sleep. Jeno covers him with the blanket and continues to watch the movie. This has become a common event when they watch movies but neither mind.
Just as the movie credits are rolling and Jeno can feel his own eyelids getting heavy, his phone rings. He quickly picks it up seeing his mom is calling, and whispers hello.
"Why are we whispering." She asks mirroring his actions.
"Renjun is sleeping on me and I don't want to wake him." He hears her coo on the other end and he rolls his eyes.
"I'll keep this short then, I want you and him to come over for dinner tomorrow? Please? I haven't gotten to spend time with him as your boyfriend and it's only right that he should have to meet the parent." Jeno chuckles softly.
"I'll ask, if he's ok with it we will come." She silently cheers.
"Ok I'm serving at six pm but you can come whenever." Jeno nods with a smile.
"Yes mom, see you then." He hangs up and looks down at Renjun who is looking up at him with big doe eyes.
"Uh, where are we going?" He asks with a scratchy voice. Jeno chuckles and leans down to kiss his lips.
"My mom wants us to come for dinner tomorrow, something about you having to meet the parent." He smiles softly at Renjun's nervous face.
"Only if you are ready, I mean technically you've met her so..." Renjun sits up quickly.
"That's way different, that was as your friend, this is us as boyfriends..." Jeno cuts him off in return.
"Who happen to be about to move in together so she would see you anyway when she comes to visit me." Renjun looks at the floor silently for only a few seconds.
"I guess you are right let's do it." He says confidently. He stands and stretches.
"Want to help me cook dinner?" He asks Jeno who smiles and nods cutely.
They work pretty well as a team these days, Jeno has been helping in the kitchen more, at least enough to start picking up some things.
"Can I ask you something?" Renjun says as he turns to Jeno who is just beside him. Jeno nods while pressing his lips together.
"If you don't want to tell me it's fine." Jeno frowns.
"Renjun, baby there is nothing I don't want to tell you. I'm not about keeping secrets." Renjun just smiles nervously and looks down for a second, when he looks back up he decides he's ready to ask.
"Tell me about your father?" He questions quietly watching Jeno's face morph into sadness. He watches his hands shake as they put the remaining ingredients in the pot so he turns to him and takes his hands.
"I can see this is a sensitive subject, it's fine, you don't have to tell me." He leans up and kisses his lips as he walks away from a still silent Jeno. He can't help but cry as he feels bad for overstepping. He goes into Jeno's room and paces the floor before the other walks in and pulls him in his arms.
"I'm so sorry, I should have waited for you to bring it up." Jeno shakes his head no as tears leak out of his eyes freely now. He goes to the bed and pulls Renjun into his lap and sighs.
"He was a policeman too, the reason I became one." Renjun looks into his sad eyes and kisses his cheek.
"He died in a house fire, he couldn't wait for the firemen when he heard the kids scream. He burst through the door with no protection and got them out one by one, but by the time he got the fourth and final kid out he succumbed to the smoke. He died just inside the front door just before the firemen arrived." Renjun hasn't let go of his neck this whole time. They are both crying but Renjun is still trying to comfort him.
"I'm so sorry, that's awful. He must have been a good man though since you wanted to be like him?" Jeno smiles brightly.
"The best." Renjun nods into his neck and kisses it softly.
"I'm sorry, it took so long to tell you about him. It's just hard for me. It was just two years ago." Renjun gasps.
"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have asked." He says almost crying again.
"I should have told you a long time ago." Renjun squeezes him again.
"Tell me more? Funny childhood stories or maybe the best thing about him." Jeno hums with a soft smile
"He used to read to me every night. There were some nights when he wouldn't get home until I was already in bed and asleep so he would come in and read me a story. My mom said she would always get mad because she was afraid he would wake me but he almost never did." Renjun hums as he kisses his cheek.
"He was always one of my biggest supporters, it never bothered him that I was gay, in fact he celebrated it. He always wanted to set me up with different people he had met along the way." He chuckles.
"He liked Jaemin a lot, until he cheated, then I had to hold him back from confronting him. After that he said that I should have listened to him, he would have found me someone better. I like to think that he did." Renjun frowns in confusion as Jeno smiles softly at him.
"I became a cop because of him, I played basketball because it was his favorite sport. We used to get at least one game in on the weekends, even after I became an adult so I don't know. I just like to think that it wasn't just fate that brought us together but that maybe he had a hand in it." Renjun grabs his face and kisses him.
"I like that thought." Jeno smiles and hugs him.
"I really think he would love you, you know." Renjun smiles softly and pecks him again.
Before long Renjun is laying on the bed with Jeno cuddled into him telling childhood stories. They spend at least another 45 minutes this way until Renjun remembers their stew that's been simmering this whole time.
"We need to take care of the food now." He says as he softly runs his fingers through Jeno's hair.
"Ok, thank you for this." Jeno says making Renjun confused.
"I never talk about him, it was always too hard but this felt nice." Renjun squeezes him before pushing him off.
"Food now, I'm starving. He says with a chuckle.
"I know I could hear your stomach rumbling the whole time." Renjun slaps at him as he gets up to run away.
After eating they settle in to a nice routine with clean up and relax together in front of the tv.
"You know, we haven't done anything but watch tv today." Renjun says.
"I did sentence you to a whole day of relaxation, I shouldn't have even let you cook." Renjun kisses his cheek and they make a plan to move his stuff the following weekend, hopefully getting help from their friends.