prologue

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A thousand years ago
1001

  A stunning brunette girl walked through the woods with a light smile on her face as she smelt the gorgeous flowers that accompanied the trees. Her long sleeved, light pink simple Viking gown that went down to her feet fit her perfectly. Her long wavy brown hair flowing in the wind. Her skin silk smooth and her looks were admirable. It was no question the girl was a beauty.

This was always Miralette's favourite thing to do, just wander the forest without a care in the world. To looks at the flowers, the animals and watch the sunset through the trees.

  She finds a gorgeous blue butterfly perched on a daisy. Frowning as she reliases it's wing was broken. She slips off her silver ring and holds out her hand, she lowly started to chant Latin words forming a spell. Just like that the wing was fixed and the butterfly begun adjusting to flying.

A figure began creeping up behind her. A boy, with blond long hair that just reached his shoulders. His blue eyes shine with mischief, yet a glint appears in them at the sight of the brunette.

The girl takes no notice of the boy, too caught up in the butterfly. As he comes up behind her, he grabs her shoulders. "Boo," he yelled.

The young girl jumped to her feet while letting out a squeal of surprise. Turning around quickly to see the boy hunched over laughing.

"You scared me to death!" She shouted as she hit him playfully.

Niklaus calmed himself from his laughing as he looked at the gorgeous girl in front of him with an amused smile. "That was the point, angel."

  Her cheeks flushed lightly at the nickname. Angel, was a word that described Miralette perfectly. She was to pure to be true. She was his angel. Niklaus Mikaelson always believed Miralette Emberson was far to good for him, especially with how his father treated him. He never believed he deserved her in his life no matter how many times she told him otherwise.

"What are you doing out here Nik? I thought you and lijah were practicing your sword wielding." Miralette tilted her head in curiosity. Her accent making her voice sound even more angelic than it already was.

He took the small flower that was rested in her hand and pushes a strand on hair behind her ear before resting the flower there. This causing Miralette's heart flutter.

"He was getting rather agitated about me talking about seeing you." Niklaus replied, sheepishly.

"I've been wanting to see you as well." Miralette giggled. She held out a hand for him to take. "Come and wander the woods with me. Maybe we will find Kol and Matteo along the way."

Niklaus chuckled as he took her hand, following her like a lost puppy as always. "Those two together is always trouble."

Miralette smiled as she nodded in agreement.