ii. the new girls

Chapter 2 | Kill or Be Killed

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Now the thing about Mira is almost the entire supernatural world had heard of her. Witches, Vampires, werewolf's, hunters and so on. She was known to be ruthless, heartless and the worst being fearless. While all of that was true, nothing scared her except one thing, her past. Or more so the people from her past.

  So anyone to meet her usually ended up dead, though their were few who got to live and tell the story.

  No one really even knew what she Mira looked like. Though that didn't stop people from trying to hunt her down and kill; witches mostly. But she was untraceable and invincible, only being found if she wanted to be. If anyone did, it only ended with them decapitated and a bloody mess.

But many didn't know she was a hybrid, she had tried to keep it hidden considering no one had heard of such a thing. A lot of witches knew though, how they knew is a complicated story. Most other supernatural species believed she was just an old vampire.

  Mira Delgado was just a ghost accustomed to the shadows, she was the villain in the bed time stories people told their kids. While Miralette Emberson was a thousand year old dead human girl and former lover of a now great evil.

Growing up she never wanted her nickname to Mira, she believed it was to simple for her attitude and personality. So, she let her loved one's name her Mimi instead. Than came her vampire life, and the need to be a mystery. Her dislike for the nickname changed and it became the name she always referred to, leaving behind Miralette.

Now her last name was her mothers original family name. Which happens to be from the long line of Delgado witches. Though her mother eventually took her husband — Mira's dad's — last name after having her two children. That last name was something Mimi never got use to, simply because her and her mother had a complicated relationship during her teen years. It only went downhill for the mother and daughter after the vampires came to be. But we'll leave that story for another time.

So although Mira became a name she liked, the last name was forever something that she burned with hatred. That name was a lie, but it was lie that kept her identity hidden.

  And It was as if saying that lie of a name aloud was forbidden, because when you did wind would pick up and it was sound like a thousand quiet whispers clouding your eardrums.

  It was quite ironic that the ex love her life was the only other person getting similar treatment.

━━━━━━━━