iii. tortured puppy

Chapter 3 | Plan B

Chapter 3 | Plan B

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Mimi! Where are the blood bags?" Adelaide called out from downstairs while Mira sat in her room.

  The hybrid chuckled as she put on a necklace. "In the basement Adelaide, where we always keep them." She answered, receiving a 'thank you' in reply.

  Mira walked over to her the clothes and other items she was yet to unpack and put away everything she a had brought with her. Suddenly she stumbled across a small black box in the process. She knew what was inside and it brought back memories. Ones that hurt to remember. This box had been with her for her entire vampire life, but she had never dared to open it once.

The brunette closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She opened up her bed side table that her pendant rested in and sat the box in there also, closing it with a longing look on her face. She sat on the bed playing with her daylight ring around her finger, thinking.

For the past millennium everything about her past life has felt more like a nightmare to remember. It made her feel as if she was drowning just to think about it, struggling to reach the surface for a breath as she tries so hard to forget who she use to be. She missed it, she missed them so much she began hating it.

  And if she were being truly honest. She didn't want to be human again. Sure being not only a vampire but an original hybrid had its flaws and struggles. Though that didn't mean it didn't have it's upsides that the human her would have been appalled by. The only thing was living forever. She found it exciting never getting old, looking young and beautiful forever, but at the same time it was exhausting, there wasn't a thing she hadn't done or seen, a place she hadn't visited.

  And knowing that the love of her life is somewhere in that same world, living for the same amount of time while believing she was dead, it was dreadful. And it was her fault, but at the same time it wasn't considering she didn't know the whole truth.

A phone ringing stole her away from her thoughts, looking down at her phone as Damon came up.

  "Finally, Mira do you not know how to answer your messages?" Was the first thing that she heard when she picked up.

  "Good morning to you too, Damon." She rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

  "No Mira, no time for greetings. Any chance you wanna help with a certain Lockwood werewolf today?"

  "Do I really have a choice?" She questioned.

  "Not really. Come to the boarding house, now." He demanded than hung up. Not waiting for a her reply.