xxiii. high school experiences

Chapter 23 | Smells like Teen Spirit

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Mira hadn't felt so peaceful in a long time. As she was in her dreamless slumber, there was not a thing on her mind. She snuggled underneath her covers and pushed her face further into her pillow. Everything was calm for her for once.

She just felt peace. Unfortunately in her life, peace wasn't something that ever lasted long.

"MIRA!"

  She jumped up in a confused and startled daze. Her peace and quiet now gone in an instant. As she wiped the sleep from her eyes, she tried to regain her senses.

  "Miralette fucking Emberson! Get out here right now or so help me." Another shout came. The brunette hybrid noted it was Adelaide screaming bloody murder for god knows what reason.

With a tired groan, Mimi threw her duvet off her body and stood up from her bed. She stepped outside of her room, shivering as she made contact with the cold floors before rushing down the stairs to find Adelaide waiting at the bottom.

"Why are you shouting the bloody house down so early?" Mira wondered as she yawned.

Adelaide wore a glare with her arms crossed, "you forgot to mention we were collecting strays."

Mimi squinted at her, wondering if she was hearing her correctly, "what the hell are you talking about?"

Addie didn't say anything, she just pointed towards a few bags that were randomly left on the ground. Mira only frowned about to question it until another voice spoke.

"Lettie!"

The brunettes head snapped towards the other blonde that was walking out of the kitchen with a blood bag in hand.

"Rebekah?"

She turned to Adelaide, who looked even more pissed off, giving her a questioning look. "She barged in before I had the chance to ask. I figured you knew," the younger blonde explained.

"Why am I being awoken from my beauty sleep by fucking screaming?" A sleepy Matteo asked as he stumbled down the stairs. He paused as he noticed the three girls, his gaze stopping on Rebekah, "what are you doing here?"

"He left me here," she raged, her blood bag now disregarded, "my brother actually left me here."

"Why is that our problem?" Adelaide asked rudely, showing a dislike towards the girl. The two didn't exactly get off on the right foot.