xiv. reminiscing the past

Chapter 14 | Klaus

Chapter 14 | Klaus

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Have I mentioned we seriously need to redecorate?" Adelaide said as she walked into the dining room. "Who would buy such disgusting paintings?" She shuddered while eyeing the framed photos on the walls.

  Mira looked up from her magazine with a raised brow, "you'd have to ask the Johnson's that question. Oh wait, they're dead."

  "That is true," Adelaide shrugged with a thoughtful look. She took a seat at the table next to the brunette. "What are you reading?"

  "I'm not reading. It's some weird magazine," she told her as she threw the book on the kitchen counter. "Wouldn't recommend it."

Addie hummed, "So what are we doing today?"

  Mira furrowed her brows, "nothing. At least I'm not. I'm happy to lock myself inside all day."

  "How exciting," Adelaide rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Have you heard from Matteo or Ellie?"

  Mimi nodded, "Matteo has texted. I'm not really sure what either of them are doing at this point."

  "Maybe we could go to New Orleans-" a knock interrupted the blonde.

"Who the hell would that be?" Mira frowned.

  "If it's a Salvatore I'm going to kick them where the sun does not shine," Adelaide warned.

  "Maybe we could take turns," Mimi suggested with a smirk as she headed towards the front door.

  The person on the other side was the last person she was expecting.

  "Hey Mira," Elena smiled nervously.

  "Are you lost?" Mira questioned in complete confusion.

  Elena sighed, "he wouldn't talk to me without you being there."

  Mimi's brows furrowed, "who-" her words fell short when a disheveled Elijah came into view beside the doppelgänger. "Lijah."

  The man smiled softly to her, "Hello, Mimi."

  Mira smiled back as she stepped outside and pulled the man into a hug, surprising him slightly.

  "I'm sorry I didn't help you," she whispered.

  Elijah shook his hand tightening his arms around her, "it's okay. You are not at fault. I apologise for not telling you about my true plans."