xvi. the original hybrids

Chapter 16 | The Sun also Rises

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

As Mira walked through the woods behind Klaus she couldn't help but have an unsettling feeling in her stomach. She had no idea why she was feeling it or what was causing it but she knew it wasn't good.

"Are you alright, love?" Klaus asked, noticing the look of distress on her face.

Mimi cleared her throat, "yeah, I'm fine."

He opened his mouth to press her even more but someone else's voice cut him off.

"Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature. It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed," the voice of Elena Gilbert.

Greta glared, "My duty is to Klaus! The new order."

Klaus and Mira appear side by side, taking in the scene in front of them. Three circles of fire surrounded three females. Jules the werewolf, Jenna now the vampire and Elena the human doppelgänger.

Mira put her attention to Jenna, eyeing the blood smearing her face.she had watched Katherine call the woman as Elena to lure her out. Mira wanted to tell Klaus to pick someone else but she had already stopped him from using Caroline. She knew Jenna didn't deserve this but it had been done. She didn't owe Elena or Jenna to save the Sommers women and she didn't have a reason to feel guilty about it.

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner," Klaus smiled at Greta. Mira rolled her eyes.

He then turned to the women in the circles, "Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?"

Mimi huffed in annoyance at Jules' screams, wanting to rip her heart herself after what she did to Adelaide and Caroline.

Klaus pulled out the white rock from his pocket, "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it."

Klaus handed it over to Greta who took it and looked up at the sky. "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

"I remember," Klaus replied.

Mimi took a seat on the huge rock in front of the rings of fire. Greta dropped the moonstone into a stone bowl filled with flames. Sparks began to fly as the moonstone melted. Greta started to chant the spell in Latin. Klaus goes over to approach the rings pulling Mimi up to walk over with him.

Jules looked up at Elena, shaking in agony. "Everything I did, I was just trying to help Tyler."

"Are you Jules?" Elena asked.