xii. you can't leave me

Chapter 12 | Goodbye Miralette

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Flashback; 1001

Running, it was all she could do.

After she had been on the ground, bawling her eyes out for what felt like hours. Eventually the tears ran out and she was able to calm down. The next she knew — her legs were moving and her hair blew behind her as she ran as fast as she could past the trees.

Mimi never thought she would lose Nik, especially not in the way she just had. But as one would say all good things must come to an end.

It all felt like one big nightmare, like a nightmare she wanted to scream herself awake from. Although unbeknownst to her, this entire day and night was one Mira would always remember and it wasn't over yet.

It was completely dark out, Mimi had been lucky she hadn't tripped considering she could barely see. She also had no idea where she was or where she was going. That wasn't stopping her though.

Everything was too much. Call her dramatic, but the person she loved more than anyone had just left her in the cruelest way. The person who truly understood her better than anyone, had stood in front of her and stoically told her he didn't love her. As if she meant nothing to him.

Klaus was the only one to know the extent of her mothers mental abuse — in some twisted way it connected them even more considering he had received the same treatment from his so-called father his whole life — except Mikael was even worse.

They helped each other with their wounds of feeling unwanted, they made each other feel as if they were truly needed in the world.

Mimi knew her brother needed her, but there would eventually be a time where he would go off on his own as would everyone else. The same went for Klaus' siblings.

But Nik and Mimi would always need each other, even if they were separated.

Mira's breath fell short, causing her to stop to try and calm her pounding heart. Panting out, she looked around, there wasn't a thing in sight. Dried tear stains coated her cheeks, her hair had fallen out, leaving it disheveled and her baby pink dress was now covered in dirt.

She hissed as she felt pain on her leg. Lifting her dress high enough to see crimson red blood dripping down her skin. When she fell to her knees earlier she had fallen on a rock but hadn't paid attention to until now.