xiii. a millennium later

Chapter 13 | The Last Dance

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Klaus, who was still in Alaric's body, opened Alaric's closet, groaning in disgust at the outfits.

"Who is this guy, Safari Sam?" He grimaced.

He pulled out two shirts, showing them to Katherine who was stuck in a chair, "bad, or badder?"

"The dark colors suit you better," Katherine sighed.

"Oh, thank you, honey," he smiled as he threw one of the shirts on the bed. "Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?"

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah," Katherine informed. "You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house."

Klaus-Ric nodded, "Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah." He scoffed, "Oh, that guy is a buzzkill."

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna," the Pierce vampire added.

"Right. Elena's aunt. For all the lies about Isobel. What else?"

"That's it."

Klaus-Ric stepped closer to her, stroking back her hair. Katherine flinched at his touch. "Oh, so jumpy," he pouted mockingly.

"Please, just, kill me," Katherine begged. "I've told you everything that I know."

Klaus-Ric leaned down, closer to her, "You see, I believe that you believe that, but what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you? Hmm? Anything?" He looked directly in her eyes, compelling her, "Tell me."

"They were trying to see if Bonnie could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger."

"Bonnie the best friend? I thought you said she didn't have her powers anymore," he stood and crossed his arms.

"She doesn't or didn't. I don't know. You kidnapped me, remember? I'm kinda out of the loop," she snapped.

"Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that," he announced.

"There is also a girl, Adelaide. She sort of on the outs with the group at the moment but she's involved."

Klaus-Ric hummed, "is she supernatural?"