xxi. a day in modern life

Chapter 21 | Disturbing Behaviour

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Mira was ready to stake herself. She was with Klaus and Stefan who sat on couches in a clothes store while Rebekah tried on outfits that Mira passed to her. The female hybrid loved shopping and Rebekah but put the two together and you get a headache. Especially since she wasn't too fond of the twenty-first century clothing style.

Klaus and Mira had compelled everyone in the store so it was just them and an employee who was thankfully supplying them with champagne.

"There has to be more to this dress," the blonde original whined again, from inside the changing room.

"There's not," Klaus replied, boredly, while Mira rolled her eyes in amusement.

She walked out of the room wearing a short black dress. She looked at Mimi who stood close by looking through different clothes, "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then?" she asked with raised brows.

"Sort of," Mimi chuckled at her as she downed the rest of her champagne while looking at a black denim jacket.

  "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers," she said to them.

  "You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing," Klaus humoured.

Mimi finally walked back over to them, taking in Rebekah's outfit, "you look amazing, bekah."

"This outfit is far from amazing, Lettie," the vampire girl huffed, "you on the other hand look stunning." She smiled at her as she looked at her short and tight black and white chequered skirt, black cropped long sleeve top and grey large cardigan as well as her usually high heeled boots.

"Thank you," the hybrid returned the smile. "Don't worry, we will find you a good outfit."

Rebekah just sighed in annoyance as she stared down at the dress hugging her body. Mimi reached down and snatched the champagne bottle from Klaus' hands to refill her glass.

Klaus huffed, "it's not hard to ask, you know. There's this thing called manners, love."

Mimi stared down at him indifferently, "when do you ever ask for anything? Let alone use manners, huh?"

Klaus scoffed in offence, "I use manners with you all the time."

"Only because you know I'll torture you if you don't," she smirked, smugly.