xix. hiking a moutain

Chapter 19 | The Hybrid

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

  Never in her life did Mira think she would be walking in the mountains with her ex lover and a ripper vampire for company, but as life went on she seemed to be doing a lot of things she least expected.

Mira had gone back to her emotionless and humorous facade after her break down in Klaus' arms. He didn't try to make her speak about it, not that she would anyway.

"You know, when you said we were going to find the pack you could of told me we were going for a hike up a mountain," Mimi complained for the hundredth time, "these heels are not meant for a walk in the woods."

"Yes, I'm sorry about that love," Klaus sighed, "but we're here now."

Mimi groaned, "I hate walking."

  Klaus chose to ignore her, "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?" He asked Stefan who was carrying the still dead Ray.

"I'm fine," Stefan deadpanned. Mira couldn't help but roll her eyes at him and his moodiness, it was quite annoying to an extent.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit down," Klaus quipped, enjoying that he was annoying the vampire.

  "You know, I get that we're, we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great," Stefan retorted.

  "Do you ever get tired of the brooding?" Mira questioned in genuine curiosity, "I mean seriously it does my head in."

  "Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves," Stefan stated, "We've been at it all summer."

Mimi shrugged in agreement, giving Klaus a look, "He has a point. That's doing my head in as well," she gave him a fake smile, to which he rolled his eyes.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack," Klaus stated as the trio came to a stop. "There," they looked around at the camp that was swarming with wolves chattering.

  Stefan stepped forward causing all eyes to turn to him as he dropped Ray onto the ground. A woman was quick to rush over to the unconscious man, "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?"

  "The important question is who am I," Klaus spoke as he and Mimi stood next to Stefan, "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."