v. the noble truth

Chapter five | Rose

Chapter five | Rose

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

  Adelaide strutted out of her room after finishing getting dressed for the day. She passed Mira's bedroom but paused her steps upon seeing the closed door.

She listen to hear anyone around the house but was met with complete silence.

She knocked on the cream coloured wood. "Mira, you awake?" Again, it was silent.

Confused with the quietness Adelaide opted for going in. Her frown only deepened when she saw the empty room accompanied with the made bed.

She quickly pulled out her phone while walking out of the room. Tapping Mimi's contact and bringing the phone to her ear, she waited for the ringing to stop and the voice of her best friend to pop up. She was only met with a voicemail.

"Mimi, I swear to god if you don't pick up I will hunt you down and kill you myself. Even if you end up coming back. Where the hell are you?" Was the message Addie left as she walked down the stairs.

She scrolled through her phone to find Stefan's contact which she had only added to her phone yesterday.

The line rang a few times before a voice was heard from the other side of the phone.

"Adelaide?" Stefan answered,

  "Stefan!" Addie exclaimed in relief. "Thank god you answered."

  Stefan frowned on his side, "What wrong?"

  "Have you seen Mira?"

  "Not since last night." He replied, worry rising. "Why?"

  Addie ignored his question, needing her own answered first. "Did she drop you home after me and Damon left?"

  "No, I left after I talked to Elena." Stefan sighed, "I assumed she had already left as well."

  The blonde squeezed her eyes shut while rubbing her forehead. The only thing on her mind was where the hell her best friend was.

  "Adelaide, what is going on?"

  "Mira isn't home. Her bed is made so I'm pretty sure she didn't sleep in it. I don't think she came home at all."

  "How do you know she hasn't gone out? She could of made her bed and forgot to tell you she was leaving. Adelaide she's probably fine." Stefan tried to assure.