x. trust is key

Chapter 10 | The Dinner Party

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

They say — 'never trust anyone, they all betray you in the end.'

For years Mira truly believed in that. Her trust was broken by multiple people in just the last few hours of her human life. That seemed to of caused the girl massive trust issues.

With the acceptance of her brother, Mira promised to never trust anyone, never grow close to anyone ever again. All she would need was her big brother, the one person who had been there since she was born.

But than came Adelaide. A broken and hurt 18 year old girl, dying in the middle of the night after being bit by her newly turned vampire mother.

To this day it shocked Adelaide that her mother didn't keep going until she drained her dry. After all Fiona Rymer was as selfish as a person could be. She never even meant to get pregnant, especially with another woman's husband. Adelaide never knew her father for that reason, not even a name.

Mira wouldn't lie, when she came across the girl she had planned to leave her or simply put her out of her misery. But as she slowly stepped out of the shadows, Adelaide had mistaken the hybrid for her mother — who she thought was coming back to finish the job.

Hearing that a mother had done such a thing to their daughter, pained Mira. As someone who had always wanted a child in her humans years, she was angry someone took advantage of their own — vampire or not.

That was the first time, since the day her human life was taken from her, Mimi felt bad for someone. She than found that Adelaide was sick with a illness that would most likely kill her.

So the girl was just destined to die, until Mimi had given her the choice that changed that once dying blondes life forever. That had given her the sister she had always wanted.

Adelaide never saw her mother again, not that she wanted to but she had wondered what happened to the cruel woman. If she had died or if she was still roaming around.

Adelaide Rymer was the first person that had made their way into Mira Emberson's cold heart.

She had been the reason Mimi began to slowly trust others, it was still hard for people to receive such a thing from the hybrid but it was possible.

Never had Adelaide broken that trust or lied to her best friend, until now. The secret of Elijah planning to kill Klaus was beginning to unsettle her. Maybe Mira wouldn't be angry, maybe she'd be all for it, but it was not a risk Adelaide should of been taking.