xv. a new beginning

Chapter 15 | The Last Day

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sometimes Mira would get lost in her own head, imagining what her life could have been. How things would have turned out if she hadn't had such a horrible mother, if she was never a witch or if she never died and became who she was today.

It was peaceful to think about how her life with Niklaus might have gone — had things turned out normal for them. If he had the chance to propose. How their wedding and marriage would have been like. What their children could have looked like. If they'd have a boy or a girl, if she or he would get Nik's eyes and her original hair color. Growing old and dying together.

But then reality would set in and she'd remember that her life didn't turn out like that. It was all just a fantasy she liked to make up. Instead she was an unbalance of nature, someone that was never supposed to exist.

  A young girl that went from an angel to a devil in a matter of a day. Although maybe she was never an angel to begin with. Maybe it was just a disguise she had convinced everyone - including herself - of.

  Though it is said that those who are heartless, once cared too much. People taunted her and tried to take advantage of her kind and pure nature. So she became the person they treated her, an abomination with no ounce of compassion in her. She threw it back in everyone's face by showing them just how evil she could be.

  She was no longer someone who deserved happiness. She was someone that was stuck in her own personal hell of living forever as a monster watching strangers live their lives while she was constantly restarting and repeating hers.

  Mimi never wondered how her life would change if she ever reunited with the Mikaelson family because she had convinced herself it was never going to happen. She would have moments where she'd want to run back to them and spend the rest of eternity by their side. She just always seemed to stop herself from doing so, letting her mothers and Esther's words cloud her mind.

But now the thing she believed would never happen was currently happening as she came face to face with her former lover. And for once Mira had no idea where her life was going to go.

It was a new beginning. A change from the same life she was used to living.

━━━━━━━

"Hello love."

His voice, it was like music to Mimi's ears. His eyes, they were different yet still the same. That same mesmerising blue stared back into her striking hazel ones. It felt like eternity for both of them as they stood analysing each other, trying to find anything different to what they remembered.