vii. an emotional visit

Chapter 7 | By the Light of the Moon

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

So a lot had gone down.

Apparently Elena had tried to hand herself over to Klaus, with the help of Rose, who also called Damon and he had went to stop her from being taken. Than Elijah showed up and killed the guys that had come to take her.

Which meant everyone knew Elijah couldn't—completely—die and he was most likely in town. So Mimi was just waiting for a visit from him.

Meanwhile her and Adelaide had stayed to try and help Stefan, Bonnie and Jeremy get the moonstone from the tomb.

Because it allegedly had to be used to break the spell that was used in the ritual. Which Mira did not believe was true. The stone binds and breaks a thousand year old ritual. It wouldn't be easy to destroy.

But the Salvatore's will do anything to save their precious doppelgänger so she just let them go and went with it.

They got the stone but Stefan ended up getting stuck in the tomb with Katherine. Which of course made Elena freak out even more.

So Damon came up with a plan which involved Bonnie doing a spell to trap the doppelgänger.

━━━━━━━

  "You trapped her in the house?"

  Mimi stood between Damon and Adelaide as they were outside of the tomb, talking to Stefan about what they had done to Elena.

  "It's for the best for everyone. Trust us." Adelaide declared,

  "Seriously, Elena's on a suicide mission to try and be the hero, like you. Soon she'll change her hair to be heroic like as well." Mimi smirked,

  Damon nodded in agreement, "You should also be glad the witch and I are even getting along." He held a bag, "I brought you this. Care package. Candles, lanterns and," He pulled out a bottle of blood. "lunch."

  Stefan shook his head, "Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her." He nodded to Katherine who stood behind in the shadows watching them.

  "You two are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan." She spoke to the Salvatore's, "And you two, do I even need to say it?" She smirked at the best friends.

  Damon held his hands out in a shrugging manner, "I've been dead before. I got over it."

  Adelaide turned to him, "In a way, I'm pretty sure we're all dead already."