iv. kitty kat

Chapter 4 | Masquerade

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Here" Damon handed a glass of blood to a shaking Caroline Forbes, who sat on his couch trying to calm her nerves.

  "I'm still shaking." She chucked nervously, taking the glass out of the Salvatore's hand.

Stefan marched in with a certain blonde vampire and brunette hybrid hot on his trail, since they had all been called by Damon.

  "What happened?" The younger Salvatore looked between his brother and girlfriend's best friend for answers.

  Damon smirked. "Go ahead, tell 'em." He turned to the three confused other supernaturals, "You're gonna love this."

"This better be good Salvatore, I was in an amazing sleep," Adelaide said, wearily.

"I saw Katherine today." Caroline began, the two older girls raised their brows, now intrigued.

"Where?"

  "At the grill. I just stopped by to gawk..." She pauses, "and quasi-stalk Matt."

Damon rolled his eyes, "Skip the teen drama. Get to it."

"It's her story, let her tell it." Mira voiced, sending the raven haired vampire a look that he returned.

  The Forbes girl sends her a grateful smile before she continued. "Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus." She explained, telling them that after she had gone into the bathroom, Katherine appeared claiming to be Elena. As the blonde tried to leave Katherine stopped her, demanding she delivered the Salvatore's a message.

"What was the message?" Stefan queried

   "That she wants the moonstone or she will rip this town apart until it rains blood."

Adelaide turned to her best friend, "Sounds like something you would say, M."

Mira glared playfully, "Do not insult me like that."

"Tell them the rest of it." Damon urged, cutting off the girls banter.

"She wants it tonight, at the masquerade ball."

Addie furrowed her brows, "another freaking event? What is up with this town?"

"She wants to do it in public." Stefan stated, ignoring Adelaide's confusion. "Killing Mason threw her off guard."