xvii. i'll see you soon

Chapter 17 | As I Lay Dying

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Adelaide and Caroline had missed out on the ritual but had a long night themselves. They spent the night hiding from Tyler in his wolf form with Matt Donavon. Addie also struggled to not kill the human, who broke up with Caroline. They finally were able to get back to Adelaide's house after making sure Tyler was okay once he was back to normal.

"I haven't heard from anyone since last night. Do you think the ritual happened?" Caroline asked.

Adelaide nodded tiredly, "most likely. Mimi!" She called out, "Matteo! Elliana! Anyone home?" She frowned when she received dead silence.

Caroline turned to her, "Matteo and Elliana?"

  Addie chuckled, after everything that had been going on she forgot to tell Caroline about the two, "Matteo is Mimi's brother and Ellie is our best friend who Mira also turned about five hundred years ago. They showed up a few days ago."

"Where are they?"

"I have no idea," Addie muttered while looking around. Just as she said that the door burst open.

"Addie, there you are!" Elliana exclaimed as she caught sight of the blonde.

"And who is this?" Matteo smirked at the younger girl. Caroline's eyes widened as she stared at him, his similarities to Mira very evident. The stunning redhead was also as gorgeous and intimidating as Mimi and Addie.

"I'm Caroline," she greeted, "nice to meet you."

Ellie and Matteo shared a smirk that Addie glared at, "don't start," she warned.

Matteo held his hands up in a mocking defence, "I wasn't going to." The smug look never leaving his face. Adelaide had to refrain from hitting it.

"Where's Mimi?" She asked.

"About that," Elliana trailed off, "you've missed quite a lot."

"Klaus broke the curse." Theo blurted out.

Caroline gasped, "Elena." She whispered to herself. She hadn't really spoken to anyone of her old friends lately. She felt bad but then again she felt she fitted in a lot more with her new friends that everyone seemed so judgmental about.

"Then a witch showed up, almost killing him," Ellie added.

  "Bonnie," Caroline figured.