ix. playing the hero

Chapter 9 | Crying Wolf

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The sound of a phone ringing loudly awoke Mira from her joyous sleep. She decided to let it ring but groaned when it wouldn't stop. She thought she shut the thing off the prior night.

"Mimi, deal with that," Caroline whined from behind her, drowsily trying to push the brunette away.

"Shut the thing up!" Adelaide's exhausted voice was heard from beside Caroline.

With a huff, Mira reached over and answered the phone — not bothering to read who it was, "Whoever this is, you are officially on my kill list."

"You have a kill list?" A voice rang through, Damon Salvatore's to be exact.

"Your voice is not one I want to hear so early in the morning, Salvatore," irritation drowned her voice.

"But, you love me." he replied, cockily.

Mira hummed, "Debates still out on that one."

"Mimi," the half asleep girls spoke in a whine, "Get out."

  The hybrid rolled her eyes and crawled outside of the room.

  "Can we go back to the fact, you have a kill list?"

  "You don't have one?"

  "No," Damon scoffed, "I'm not that insane."

Mira laughed mockingly, "sure, you aren't, dumbass."

"Okay, back to the reason I called you,"

"And, once again, woke me from my beauty sleep." She added, "Not that I need to it, but still."

"Yes that too," He rolled his eyes, "Anyway, you need to come to my house, like right now."

  "Why?" The brunette groaned.

  "I really need to show you something very important." He vaguely explained, "All you need to know, is that it has to do with Elijah." She went to question him but he spoke first, "No more questions, just get your arse over here."

"Wait, Damon-" she was cut off by him hanging up, "Did he really hang up on me?"

  "I think so," Adelaide remarked from inside Caroline's bedroom.