xxii. school night fun

Chapter 22 | The Reckoning

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Late at night, in the Mystic Falls high school teenagers were sneaking around the place for senior prank night. The teens were having the time of their lives making a mess of the place.

  Matt Donavon walked through an empty hallway, towards a classroom which he could hear noise coming from. He slowly walked inside and jumped in fear as a bunch of sounds went off. He quickly switched on the light to find he had set off hundreds of mouse traps that Tyler, Caroline, Elena, Bonnie and surprisingly Adelaide, Elliana and Matteo had been setting up.

"Oh, come on! Seriously?!" Caroline exclaimed in irritation, "Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!"

  Matteo glared, "the urge I have to maim and kill you right now is extremely strong."

"If you don't, I will," Addie added as she leaned back in one of the desks.

Tyler eyed the older vampires cautiously before shaking his head at his best friend, "Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"

"Clearly," Matt chuckled, ignoring Theo and Addie's harsh remarks.

"How could you forget?" Caroline scoffed, "We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."

"And it's all Care Bears been talking about lately," Ellie added with an eye roll.

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena stated as she sat on top of a desk.

Matt shrugged, "I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." His gaze fell onto the three eldest vampires, "especially you three. Don't you hate us?"

"Yes."

"Of course."

"Definitely."

The three replied simultaneously.

Caroline gave them a warning look, "no they don't." She gave a faux smile, they all knew that was a lie.

"Caroline made us come," Addie said with a sigh. The trio really didn't want to be there especially with the group they were with but when Caroline came to their house demanding they join them, she didn't really give a chance for them to say no.

Ignoring the glares she was receiving, Caroline spoke, "We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't —"