꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙸𝚗 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚜 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

"WE HAVE TO GO,"
Groaned Kol as he desperately tried to get up despite feeling absolutely drained off all energy with injuries that weren't there but were ever so present.

"We will, however, you are going to sit and stay." Klaus glared at his younger brother sternly.

"Sit and stay?" Kol mocked incredulously, "What am I a dog now? She's my bloody wife!"

"And she's my best friend!" Klaus snapped, "You would only be holding us back." He growled lowly as Elijah shot him warning looks.

"Stop being a jerk, Niklaus." Rebekah glared angrily at her older brother.

Before an all our war could break out between the siblings, there was a weak knock at their door.

"I'll get it." Elijah said leaving the room as fast as possible so he didn't have to deal with that, he could hear his siblings continue to bicker though quieter now so they could hear if anything happened, as he made his way to the door, and then he opened the door and everything went silent behind him as he stared at the girl before him bleeding from three bullet holes to the chest, her hand gripped her stomach as she panted as exhausted as Kol was.

"Skyler." Elijah whispered in shock, his siblings heard and ran into the room as Elijah bolted forward as the girl collapsed, "Skyler." He repeated, grabbing her before she could fall, not bothered by the blood that went onto his expensive suit.

"Skyler," Kol exclaimed, coming to his soulmate's side on the porch.

Skyler tiredly looked at her husband with a weak smile as she said, "I'm home."

As if the words were a trigger, her eyelids closed, collapsing unconscious into their arms as they stared at her in shock.

__________

"Where is she?" Stefan questioned as he and Damon chained Mason Lockwood up.

Damon looked up shooting his younger brother a strange look, "Who?" He asked.

"Skyler!" He huffed, "She was shot just like us, she seemed in even worse shape and she just ran!"

"We have no clue where she is or if she's even alive," he turned to his brother, "Doesn't that bother you at all?"

"Bullets didn't keep her down before." Damon shrugged, Stefan glared at him coldly. The one person to bring them together has always been Skyler however she was also the one to drag them apart in some situations, like this one for example.

"Relax," Damon rolled his eyes, double-checking the chains on Mason, "She wouldn't have left if she wasn't okay."

"She wasn't." Stefan responded.

"She had blood before she left, she'll heal."

"We don't know that!" He reminded his brother, "because we don't know where she is!"

Damon seemed annoyed-looking up, "If you're so worried why you don't you just call her?" He asked as though he was an idiot.

Stefan clenched his jaw trying to keep calm, "I have." He gritted out, "Ten times."

Damon hummed in acknowledgment, "Maybe the lines busy?"

Stefan picked up a glass from the side and threw it at his brother.

__________

Skyler's eyelids felt heavy when she woke but she forced them open anyway, slowly blinking as she regained her vision, she looked around overwhelmed by the bright lights and the people — her family, she realized — around her.

She was home.

She smiled softly, still tired.

"Welcome back to the land of the living, love." Klaus greeted, the first to notice her consciousness.

Kol was immediately at her side though he had only been a few feet away before, "Gem," he sat down beside her as she slowly sat up, letting her rest against him, she curled onto his lap, wrapping around him like a koala. Skyler stuck her head into the bridge of his neck, tempted to float back to sleep.

"Gem," Kol called softly, bringing her back to him, "what happened?"

"I got shot." She told him the obvious before frowning down at her blood-soaked shirt that was now getting onto Kol's previously clean shirt, "I'm getting you all bloody."

"I don't care." He responded instantly, "Can you tell me what happened? Who shot you?"

Skyler blinked, "I'm tired." She admitted. For him though, she tried thinking back, remembering it all.

Kol rubbed her back comfortingly as his siblings waited around the room patiently for the answer, "I know." He whispered softly.

"The deputies." She said after a moment, "They shot me but... they're dead now."

She looked over at the rest lifting her head for the first time since she wrapped around Kol, "Caroline killed them."

"The cheerleader?" Rebekah confirmed, "Talk about a plot twist."

"She's a vampire now. Damon fed her his blood and Katherine, she killed her." She explained. It had been a while since she told any of them the happenings of Mystic Falls besides Kol who was always informed on the drama and was supposed to relay it to his siblings but of course, he forgot.

"And Katerina? You haven't killed her yet, I assume." Elijah asked curiously. He knew Skyler didn't like to hold back when it came to her enemies but she would if necessary and in this case it was. Katherine was smart, smarter than she wanted anyone to know.

"Not yet." Skyler answered, adjusting herself so she was sitting facing them on Kol's lap, his arms going around her waist to keep her up safely.

Kol buried his head into her neck pulling her close as Elijah nodded, "Are you okay?" He whispered despite knowing no matter how quiet he said it his siblings would hear.

"I need a long shower and a change of clothes," Skyler told him, "But I'll be fine, Koala."

"Good. I won't hesitate to bring the deputies back from the dead just to kill them myself." He grumbled upset he wasn't the one to kill the deputies who hurt her which was exactly why Skyler left out the small detail of there being another shooter, the sheriff.

"I'm fine, Kol. I'm safe." She assured him softly, turning her head to look at him as he pouted.

"For now while you're here with us but when you leave?" He questioned in response cocking a brow at her as his pout grew.

"I'll still be fine." She told him, "I always have you and besides you know I know how to hold my own."

"I will kill anyone who hurts you." He growled lowly and she knew it wasn't a threat but a promise one he had already kept for decades. She smiled.

"I know."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟶𝟿𝟸 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂