07 - Slime vs Fangs Wolves pt2

Moonlight illuminates the Jura Forest. As if responding to its glow, the hairs all over its body stood on end, its fangs and claws grew, and intimidation seeped from every part of its body, revealing its ferocity. His instinct told him that the moment to attack had arrived and that everything would work out in his plans, after all, what could this chill in his spine be if not the anticipation of a successful battle?

The time when the Fang Wolves were called the rulers of the plains had come to an end, it was time to earn much more. Now that the mighty aura of the fearsome Storm Dragon, Veldora, had disappeared from the forest without leaving a trace, a proof that the divine protection that was once bestowed on forest dwellers was gone, there was no longer any need for the Fang Wolves to contain theirselves.

First, we will feed on these little goblins on our way. After that we will evolve and then no creature in the Jura forest will be able to stop us.

That had been the plan that the Alpha of the Fang Wolves pack had formulated in the back of his mind after sensing that Veldora's presence had disappeared, beginning his attacks against the creatures deep within the forest. As far as his knowledge went, the band of goblins, the weakest creatures in this forest, had no power to defend themselves against them, and even an evolved member of their race could not fight a single one of the Fang Wolves and ended up dead. What would your rusty weapons do to your tough fur? How would their worn clothes defend them from their claws and fangs? The goblins were already dead, defeated by the might of the wolves.

The Alpha stood on the hill facing the goblin village and stared at her, but his eyes widened right away. That village... looked nothing like the goblin village his subordinates had described to him. Rather than something the Alpha expected to find within a forest, this one looked much more like a village of humans that the Alpha had encountered long ago in the past.

Great walls, around four meters high, stretched out, encircling the perimeter of the entire village and then some. At the base of the walls were a series of thorns, as if trying to prevent any creatures from even trying to jump over them, and there were a few small groups of goblins on top of the walls. There was a single entrance at the front of the village, surrounded by wooden spearheads, apparently removed from the surrounding forest, and standing right in front of the entrance was a single small, motionless creature.

A small amount of intimidation leaked out of the Alpha wolf, directed at the scouts he'd sent to check out this village earlier. This village had been chosen because it was weaker than the other goblin villages in the region, a starting point they had chosen to be the best on the journey, but now... it felt like something else entirely. Even if the enemies were only the goblins, with a level of development so similar to the development that humans would have, the Alpha felt that the battle would not be easy at all.

The worst was the fact that the village only had one entrance. The Alpha didn't care much about that creature at the entrance as it was small and didn't give off any signs of aura that could be threatening. Still, with the entire pack being forced through a single entryway, the Alpha wasn't confident they would have a low number of casualties among his. If they could disperse the wolves would be able to dodge more arrows and their fur would protect them from the rest, but having to focus on a single, small entrance... The wolves would have a lot more casualties on their side than they had originally planned. Of course, it's not like the Alpha really cares about that fact. The only creature that mattered was him, after all, the pack was a single creature, and he was the pack.

And to think that these little goblins want to challenge the pack... Your end won't be slow at all, let alone painless!!

"OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuu !!!"