46 - The Ogre Village Battle p5

The ogress backed away with all her might, dodging yet another of the Majin's deadly attacks by just a hair's breadth. Her vision was still partially tinted red, the result of the first attack that she barely dodged in time, but she still managed to fight.

Of course, again, at the place where the Majin attacked, a huge gust of wind suddenly arose, and the force was so strong that it created a crater in the ground.

The first time she nearly got hit was when she tried to charge straight ahead, and the end result was a total failure. A single enemy attack, which was purposefully made easy to predict, and she nearly died. No, her strength seemed to be regulated correctly, it wouldn't kill her. Even so, if that attack had landed her bones would have broken and no doubt she would have been unconscious after that.

Of course, her current situation wasn't much better.

Bleeding from the head from the blow that partially landed, the ogress was uncertain how she still retained consciousness. If she had to kick, then it was only her desire to fight and her willpower that kept her from falling.

Despite that, she now understood the Majin's superiority. She really hadn't taken the fight seriously, and no doubt she could defeat her and her father in a heartbeat.

Even so, she wouldn't give up so easily. Flanking the Majin once more, the ogress went towards the Majin's back, trying to attack her from a place where she didn't have a clear view. Of course, [Magicule Perception] would allow a person to see three hundred and sixty degrees and with incredible accuracy, but doing so was taxing on the mind. That's why it was more common for people to rely on their normal eyes and just use the basics of [Spell Perception].

Unfortunately that wasn't the Majin's case, and she realized it before she even attacked. Abruptly turning her body, the ogress used all the strength on her toes as she forced a {Battle Will}, {Instant Movement}, to launch herself away.

In the next moment, right where she would have been, a gust of wind hit the ground and threw the rocks away due to the force.

And the Majin hadn't even moved to launch such an attack.

After all, what is this woman?! She is too strong!! There's no way she's lived in the same woods as me for all this time and I've never heard from her!!!

The Ogress had already tried to attack at close range using every attack method she knew. His strength and her speed, however, were all easily surpassed by the Majin. If she could get close enough to attack, then the Majin would defend her club with just one hand, if she didn't get hit first.

I'll have to attack from afar and create an opening!!

With that thought in mind, the Ogress spurred even more momentum to her feet and dashed away, trying to get out of the Majin's [Magic Perception] range. If she could do that, and relentlessly attack from out of range, while being prepared to charge in tandem with her attacks, she might surprise the Majin.

Well, she regretted that decision soon after actually.

As soon as she was far enough away, when she prepared to attack, the Ogress was able to see how a sphere of light was approaching her. It was moving so fast, and she barely had time to figure out what it was before following what her instincts screamed at her and getting out of the way.

It was for a fraction of a second, the sphere passed right next to the Ogra's face and collided with a tree that was on her side. Soon after, she was blown away by the explosion.

Once the attack was released the Ogress felt how compressed that magic was. No, to tell you the truth, that wasn't magic, but a kind of Battle Will.

That was one of the Battle Wills made for mages, specializing in long-distance attack, which concentrated and manipulated energy. His father and mother were able to use Battle Will similar to this one, where they concentrated their aura into their fists and then fired the long range attack, being able to attack the enemy without getting close. In fact, compared to something like this, she still had a lot of room to grow.