31 - Conversation: Hero and Demon

As soon as I extracted Ifrit from inside Shizu I held her on my back and changed my form, assuming my wolf form. I used the [Sticky Spider Thread] to tie her body to my back, and reinforced it with the [Steel Spider Thread] to make it more secure, and then I started running with all my might.

I have to find a way to save Shizu, even if I'm not sure how to go about it.

For a second, the image around me became a blur, I started off at full speed and even improved my speed with my {Battle Spirit}, but because of my [High Speed ​​Thought Processing] the image came back. to normal in just a second. No, it would be better to say that I was seeing everything slowly now.

When every second counts, even a millisecond feels like an eternity.

Not caring how much damage I could do, I just ran, as fast as I could, and arrived downtown, at my house, in less than a minute.

I may have surprised and even scared some people along the way, but after saving Shizu I would apologize to all my subordinates. The most important thing right now is just... Wise, how can we save Shizu?!!

<<Information analysis in progress. All information is being tested! The whole process should take at most ten minutes!>>

I don't know if Shizu has ten minutes. To tell you the truth, I don't even know if Shizu has a single minute right now. Her body's spells are too unstable, like a storm out of control, probably because it was Ifrit who kept control over that side of her. Her cells were losing magic at a very high rate... and it was magic that was keeping her young.

If she lost all the spells that were in her body, then her body would age all at once, and when it reached the limit, she would become too old to survive.

I can't leave!

Entering my house, I took Shizu to my room. We had a guest room, but my own room would keep us from wasting time. I placed her body on the bed, as carefully as possible considering that she could be very fragile at that moment, and I began to remove from my [Stomach] everything that could be useful.

There was almost nothing.

We hadn't developed much more than crude buildings and clothing in the time since I returned from Dwargon, barely enough to tend to Shizu's superficial wounds.

"Sage, I really need ideas right now..."

<<Assessment is 12.7% complete! Tests are in progress. All information evaluated and tested so far has 0% effectiveness in saving the life of individual Shizue Izawa!>>

Okay, damn it! Sage, please save her...

<< . . . >>

The thought of calling out to Petulant-kun crossed my mind. She has the Extra Skill [Wizard], an Extra Skill I don't have, and maybe she's stronger with that skill than I am with [Great Sage]. At least, when it comes to learning how to use magic, she taught herself, which is already above what I can do.

<< . . . >>

But it's useless.

In these last few months that we've spent together, Petulant-kun has already explained to me the logic of each of the spells she's capable of using, and the Sage knows all of them. If the Sage knows about these spells and hasn't notified me, then he's probably already tested them, meaning they aren't effective in saving Shizu.

Wise, let me know of any possibility, even as long as it's above 0%!

<<Understood!>>

"Slime-san..."