56 - The Scariest Word There is in a Man's Life

The return to Rimuru, capital (and currently only) city of Tempest, had been successful. Using the crossbows we brought to the ogres' village, and the chariots I made from the forest's wood, all of us, the hundred goblins and three hundred ogres, went home.

Their village was completely abandoned, with most of the things they would need having been brought by the magical beasts. In the future, the Village of Ogres could be occupied again, but I would prefer that now, with the enemies we had all around us, all the subordinates I could get were together, side by side.

With ten thousand Hob Goblins and Goblinas, plus three hundred Kijins, hardly anyone would be crazy enough to attack this place. Taking Kaijin's memories into account, we were a threat Dwargon would never ignore, even now.

By the way, that's why I took control of the information transmission of all the spies that Gazel sent to spy on us. As long as he doesn't have correct information, he won't risk attacking me, at least not until his project is complete.

Seriously, he should ask the elves to protect that lab. Their bath is almost impossible to observe, but I can see everything Kaijin has been doing. Still, how are elves so good at tricking my [Six Supernatural Senses]?

<< . . . >>

OK. I'll pretend that I don't know you had anything to do with this...!

Back to what matters, we've finally returned to Rimuru, the capital of our empire, and the kijins are now with us. This means that our firepower is now much greater than our past power, and we are probably among the most powerful creatures in the Jura Forest.

Now, even if the Dryads and Treants tried to fight us all together at the same time, our victory would still be guaranteed. It is possible that there would be some casualties on our side, but our defeat would not be a possibility.

Of course, experience is still an important weapon, and we all lack it. Ciel can bypass this using only her calculation abilities, but she is the only one in all of Tempest who can do so. As such, losses could still reach annoying numbers.

So we still had to find a way to strengthen ourselves. Once we did that, we could focus on expanding our empire again, taking all of Jura Forest as our territory, and adding the other races from across the forest and around the forest to our empire.

And how are we going to start this? Well, first I have to find a place for every single one of the kijins in my empire. A function that they can fulfill, using the maximum of their skills and abilities.

Thinking about it, I looked to the side, seeing Kijin who was riding a wolf right next to me.

"Aka! How is everyone? Excited for what's to come?"

"Of course, Rimuru-sama. Although a little apprehensive about the changes, everyone is very excited about the idea of ​​joining and strengthening Rimuru-sama's empire."

I faced Aka with a smile, seeing the smile he had on his face as he answered.

Unlike before, Aka no longer had that wild style. His body had now reduced in size, just like the bodies of the other ogres that evolved into kijins, and now it was almost impossible to tell the Aka apart from a human... except for the fact that he had horns on his head, a pair of twisted black horns. Honestly he seems more like an anime protagonist than I do - a handsome and cool protagonist, the type who carries a giant sword on his back and speaks badass phrases at all times.

Not that I can complain, most of the kijins were pretty enough to compare to shounen protagonists.

Well, let's not get jealous. I have Ciel, I am the evil Boss who will become a Demon Lord in the future and I am the guy who will have a harem one day, because my country will allow people to have harems, so I am the winner of this story. It's not envy, I assure you. I'm not feeling the slightest bit jealous.