27 - Human guests (prisioners) and the Flame Mistress

The woman who was holding me completely stopped moving for a second, her expression locked, her eyes fully focused on me. It seems like it really wasn't in her mind that I, a slime, could be the leader of the monster nation, but I can't judge her.

I mean, I literally am a slime! Who would expect a slime to lead a nation of monsters?!

Still, the fact that she didn't seem to be getting over the surprise of this information was a little irritating.

"So... who would you be, pretty lady?"

I continued to stare at the girl in front of me, not that I had the eyes to stare at anyone, and waited for an answer to come from her. Of course, it's easy for me to feel that she's not ordinary, and more than that, she's definitely a lot older than me. Still, when I think about the way she looks, 'lady' suits her well.

"Ah, I... I'm Shizu. Shizue Izawa. I'm a veteran adventurer, retired from the service."

Shizue Izawa? Nice name, no doubt. More than that, a beautiful Japanese name. Just hearing her name made me understand why Akami had brought such a woman here; she was a person from another world, just like me. I mean, she has the facial features of a Japanese woman, I could tell that just by looking at her, and she also had a Japanese name, but Akami wouldn't have brought her if she hadn't passed the Torii test. If she wasn't Japanese, Akami would have driven her away with as little damage as possible, so that was the only possible answer.

I mean, the last thing I want is to spread information about this monster country of mine to the general public. Ruminism, in particular, is not a group I would imagine carrying the information that monsters formed a country in the best way possible, and I certainly don't want to have to face such a powerful group anytime soon.

Because of that I decided to put the Torii test on the forest path! If anyone was able to read what was written then she would be from another world and might have useful information for me. On the other hand, if they wasn't able to read, then that person would have nothing to offer me and his presence would only be a threat to me and my plans to have a strong and, above all, safe nation to live in.

Well, worst case scenario I would have to devour all the people who know the information.

But, well, the person who came is from another world after all. There is no need for extreme actions... yet. 

"Well, I imagine you're a person from another world, aren't you? So I invite you... In fact, all of you. All of you are invited to my house! Why don't we just have a little chat while we eat?"

I ignored the frightened looks on the other three's faces, and their faces that for some reason seemed to be pale, and pointed towards my house; the Tempest clan house, which was the closest house to the mountain. Shizu also seemed to ignore this, and she just started walking towards my house as she carried me in her arms.

Haah~... How much I missed that feeling.

I mean, Petulant-kun has been carrying me around ever since there was the event with Treyni and everything, and it's not like she's weak in the Poyon Poyon department. Granted, Petulant-kun was even above average in that department, but still, it's nice to have someone else carry you every now and then.

Petulant-kun says that nobody wants to carry me because I'm too clingy, but I don't think Shizu cares about that, or at least she doesn't seem to feel that way.

Anyway, let's focus on what matters. I already got a lot of useful information from Kaijin-san, a former military man from Dwargon, one of the most developed nations in the world. But, if there's one thing that will always be useful in this or any other world, then it's having information.