08 - 3 Laws and Nomination

The day dawned and we were already solving the post-battle problems. The battle was over faster than I had expected, and after seeing my Wolf Fang mimicry, the wolves didn't even try to resist. Without any difficulty, the wolves had joined the goblin tribe and now they were a valuable part of our battle force, something I was very happy about.

Battle results? Goblins: Zero kills, which is good. Wolves: a low, which is very good because it is below the expected range. slimes? No slimes were injured or killed in this battle! Seriously, I'm proud to say that not a single slife was lost in this production (for the donkeys: slife= slime+life).

As it was now morning, I gathered the goblins and wolves inside the walls of the goblin village so that I could finish solving problems of coexistence. After all, now that I have them as my subordinates, I couldn't let the wolves just eating some goblins when they got hungry, and I couldn't let the goblins try to avenge their fallen comrades in retaliation for the wolves. Even though there didn't seem to be any visible hostility between them currently, I still wanted to make all things clear between us and create some good rules for peaceful coexistence.

"Very well. Please, everyone, be quiet."

The chatter between the groups faded until it disappeared the moment I spoke, having the attention of the more than two hundred monsters in front of me shifted towards me. Sure, I was super nervous, I'm terrible with crowds, but it wasn't something that could be avoided, so I dealt with it. These are my subordinates, there is no need for me to be afraid of them.

"Okay, guys. We're all moving in together from now on, so we have to have some rules between us to make our coexistence work, don't you agree?"

The goblins and wolves nodded in agreement, something I was expecting. In the end, even if we were monsters, it wasn't possible to live in a society if there weren't some rules, right? Therefore, the obligation to create these rules, which would define the course that my society would take, would fall to the leader of that society. All right, leader-kun, how about you show up and start declaring the rules?

Wait! In that case, isn't that me?!! Will I have to create rules???

For a second I freaked out, but I pushed that feeling to the back of my mind and didn't let it affect me. Using accelerated thought processing from [Great Sage] I took a second to think through everything, which actually for me was a good few minutes or hours, I'm not even sure. I thought of three rules that might be good, so I decided that, at least now in the beginning, these three rules would guide us.

"There are going to be three rules that you must take into account. I want you to follow each of them. First: serious fights where there is intent to kill or maim are prohibited among my subordinates. I won't stop you from fighting, but I hope that they have a good reason for this. If there is a serious problem between you, solve it by talking and not killing each other. Second: you must not despise those weaker than you, but don't let others, even if they are stronger than you, despise you by your name or by your race. This is one of the few things we have to be proud of. Third: You will not attack humans unless you are attacked. In that case, attack them back and do they regret that they did what they did. Does anyone have any questions?"

One of the wolves, the one with a star on top of its head, raised its paw as a sign that it had a question. It was a bit comical as it looked like a dog pawing, but I held back my laughter. This was a very smart wolf and it was proof that he was listening to my words.

"What's your question?"

"My master, why don't we attack humans? Although for us, the Fang Wolves, ignoring beings with low magicules as humans is perfectly normal, but I believe that for the goblins, who can use their technologies, it would be of great benefit to attack humans."